Three | "Please Best Friend?"

Chance.

"I got a fucking 75?" I said a bit too loud in Mrs. Green's class when we got back our quadratic formula quizes back.

Kehlani snickered.

"That's what happens when you sleep through the math lessons. Duh. "

I rolled my eyes and gave her an evil glare.

"It's not funny, Lani. I can't be trying to get into colleges and getting 75's at the sane time. That's a C!"

"I don't know what you want me to say Chance. You slept through the class, and wasn't prepared for the test. "

"I didn't know there was even going to be a test! "

"Another thing you missed while being asleep..."

I knew she was right, but I was just so upset at this grade. How in the hell am I supposed to get into California College of the Arts with a C?

"Ugh, this is so stupid. " I let out an annoyed breath, once again evaluating my test.

"So I see you're not happy with you grade. " Mrs. Green walked over to us, smirking at me.

"Obviously." I responded.

Bitch.

"Well, since you and Ms. Parrish seem to love talking through my class, and you could use some work in here and in Mr.Ford's english class, how about she tutor you?"

Oh, fuck yes!

"Please, Lani? I really need all my grades to be at least an A- before graduation. "

"I'm not even that good at math or englis-"

"Actually Kehlani, you have the highest grade in both classes of the whole senior class. It would be great of you to just help out your friend. " She tried to convince.

I gave puppy dog eyes before I started talking. "Please, best friend? I'll love you forever. "

She laughed.

"You are so fake. "

I chuckled along with her and stank ass Mrs. Green.

"But I'll help you, I guess. "

Mrs. Green politely smiled, walking away from us, as I screamed 'like a girl.'

"Chancelor. Quiet it down. " Mrs.Green ordered me, which caused me to immediately shut up and Lani to laugh again.

"Ok, so you want start today?"

I watched her bite her lip and crinkle her eyebrows.

That's what she did whenever she had to think about something.

"Um, can Bri come? We were supposed to hang out today, but I'd rather study with you. "

A light smile tugged at my lips, as I caught the last part of her sentence.

I'd rather study with you.

I immediately made myself stop, realizing what just happened.

I don't like Kehlani, and she doesn't like me.

She has Jahron, I have Arielle - and Brittney, and Claire, and Danielle, but that's not the point.

Us being just friends, is the way it's supposed to be.

"Yeah, Brianna can come. It's not like it'll take long right?"

She nodded and smiled, showing the dimple in her left cheek.