Six | "What the fuck? "

Chance.

"Ok, so tell me everything you know about polynomials."

I thought for a minute before answering to Kehlani.

"Uh, it's and expression of 2 or more terms. "

"Ok and...?"

"And, um..."

I thought for a couple more minutes before more information came in my mind.

"It can usually be the sum of several terms that contain different powers of the same variable. "

Kehlani smiled big, and made me high five her.

"I am such a great teacher. "

I shrugged.

"Ehh, you aight."

"Oh whatever. Let's do vocab now. "

I leaned back and rolled my eyes, letting out a huff of frustration.

"Can we stop please?"

She lightly slapped my arm.

"No! C'mon your already pretty good at english anyway and we're only doing a couple, so we'll be done fast. "

I sighed and nodded, waiting for her to quiz me.

"Ok, Serenity. "

"Serenity, the state of being untroubled. "

"Good. Equanimity?"

"Oh, uh, I know this, it's, uh a mental calmness. "

"Great. Alright one more. " She spoke shuffling through her premade flash cards.

"Limerence. "

"Limerence, the state of being infatuated with another person. "

"Wow, I am amazing. " She said in awe, laughing as she laid her head in my lap.

I smiled, running my fingers through her hair, listening to Kehlani talk.

I could listen to her voice all day and never get bored with it, never think that she talked to much or was uninteresting.

I finally knew exactly how to describe my feelings to Kehlani.

I was in limerence.

And in that moment, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

So I leaned in, and let our lips connect.

And they did for a second until Kehlani pushed me off of her and slapped my face, hard.

"What the fuck was that?!"

I sighed.

"That was-"

"You just kissed me!" She spoke loudly pacing back and forth.

"You can't just- We can't just- I have a boyfriend and you fucking kissed me! The hell?"

I shook my head.

"I know. I shouldn't have done that, I'm sorry."

She ran her left hand through her newly cut jet black hair, cursing to her self.

"What am I supposed to tell Jahron."

I sucked my teeth.

"Why is he always your first priority? It's always Jahron this, Jahron that, no one ever matters but him. "

She rolled her eyes.

"Maybe because he's my boyfriend and unlike you, I actually tend to care about the people I'm with. "

"I care about you, Kehlani! But all you ever do is push my feelings to the side because of what I just realized, you don't care."

"How can I push aside feelings I didn't know you have? You just hate Jahron so much you just want to ruin our relationship with any excuse you can get."

Her arms crossed over her chest.

"Your relationship is already ruined! Jahron has been cheating on you with pretty much every girl you get mad at me for sleeping with, but your too blind and stupid to see it!"

"W-what?"

"Don't you notice? When you walk down the halls at school everyone just laughs at your stupid ass for being with your jerk of a boyfriend! Everyone knows it, and now you do. "

I looked at Kehlani's face and watched as tears threatened to fall from her eyes, immediately feeling bad.

"Lani, I'm sor-"

Before I could finish, she ran out of my room, leaving me alone.

What did I just do?

Kehlani.

What the fuck.

What. The. Fuck.

What.

The.

Fuck.

I sped over to Jahron's apartment, where he lived alone, and basically banged the door down.

He wasn't answering, but I was gonna get in there one way or another.

After damaging the hinges of his front door, I ran into his bedroom, finding him and Kira.

Great timing.

"Why, hello Jahron, how are you?" I said calmly, scaring him and his little hoe.

"Lani, I-I'm sorry. "

"Oh you're sorry? That's funny, because it doesn't look like your sorry. "

He removed Kira's arm off his chest and sighed.

"Look I know what it looks like-"

"Do you now?"

"Bitch you know it wasn't working out with y'all anyway! He had to move on to bigger and better things." The hoe spoke. I guess Jahron didn't ever teach her to mind her damn business.

"Oh, so rats speak now?" I asked, speaking to Jahron, but thotra had to throw in her two cents again, causing me to just punch her in the face.

Oops.

Jahron's little puppy dog continued to wail and scream about how she was 'gonna beat my ass the next time she saw me' , but I was over hearing her complaints and Jahron's sorries.

"Have a nice day you two."

I smirked, leaving them both in that room, walking out to my car.

And although I knew I had to be 'strong' or 'independent' or whatever stereotype women are seen as when they leave their cheating boyfriends, the tears just couldn't stop from falling.

---
sorry this chapter is shorter than usual :(

song of the chapter; Lady Friend by Chance the Rapper and the Social Experiment.