Nine | "Don't mess this up."

Kehlani.

I rolled over in my bed, awoken by the ringing of my cell phone.

I looked over at my phone, seeing Edward's name pop up, so I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Kehlani! What's up?"

"You just woke me up at 8 o'clock on a Saturday. This better be important. " I spoke groggily.

I heard him laugh through the line.

"Well it kinda is. I need help wooing this girl over for junior day."

"Ok and I come in when...?"

"Can you come to the mall and help me pick out girly shit or something for her? This isn't really my thing. "

"Uh, yeah. What time you tryna' go?"

"An hour maybe?"

I sighed agreeing, before hanging up the phone and sinking back into my bed, wishing for at least 10 more minutes of rest.

Junior day was a day at school when only the juniors go to school for the day and just chill, and then there's a themed dance at night for just them. There is a day like this for every class, so eveyone has one.

Unfortunately I was interrupted by my phone going off a second time, this one kind of making me a bit happy that Edward woke me up so early.

Chance : good morning, beautiful😍❤️ - 8:47 am.

I happily sighed and laughed at the same time, because of how corny the text seemed but also because of how Chance was really showing his feelings towards me, and I loved it.

I sent him a quick text back and got in the shower, realizing I probably wouldn't be able to go back to sleep again.

I quickly washed up and threw on a white crop top and some joggers, and slicked my hair into a bun in the back of my head.

I finished getting ready just in time for Edward to text me saying he was outside.

"Auntie, I'm leaving!" I called out almost running out the house and into Edward's car.

-

"That smells horrible. " I giggled flicking the perfume scented paper out of Edward's hand.

"What about this one?" He asked, letting me smell a sparkly looking perfume, that didn't smell any better than the last one.

"Nah. "

"This is useless." He sighed in frustration.

"Hey, just get this. " I shrugged pointing to a vanilla scented one. "Vanilla's simple, most girls like it, and if she doesn't, then at least the bottle is pretty."

"You sure?"

"Um, yes." I sprayed the sample on his arm, letting him see if he liked it.

"It's cool, I guess. But now I'm gonna be smelling like this shit all day. " He rolled his eyes.

I laughed.

"At least you'll smell good now. " I sparyed a little more on him around his body.  "You'll need it. " I said scrunching up my face.

"Man shut up. " He lightly pushed me out his way, grabbed the vanilla perfume and body wash, and made his way to the cash register.

I laughed, waiting for him outside the store.

I decided to check my twitter since Ed seemed to take 3 hours to come on.

I scrolled through my timeline, retweeting some stuff and getting filled in on other people's drama before noticing a tweet that caught my eye and lowkey pissed me off.