Eighteen| "That's still mine. "

Chance.

I looked up at her window in the dark, watching her move away from it, wishing I could go away.

I started walking away, knowing I couldn't do anything else.

Reaching the sidewalk I heard girlish giggles, and felt someone bump into me.

"Fuck out my way nigg- Chance?" Olivia's voice sounded confused.

"Bye. " I tried to push past her and Brianna, but they stopped me.

"Why are you coming from Kehlani's backyard?"

"None of your business. "

"Don't be fucking rude you little-"

"Liv!" Bri inturrupted her.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes. "You better not be trying to get back with my best friend. I ain't scared to beat your ass, I'm not Renee. "

Best Friend? Ha. Bye.

We may not have been talking for a little bit, but that title's still mine.

"Are you done?

"You never answered my question. What were you doing near her house?"

I chuckled, shaking my head.

"I guess you're just gonna have to talk to your best friend about that. " I told her sarcastically before walking off.

"Dumb hoe. " I heard her suck her teeth and I rolled my eyes.

I don't even know those girls, but I'm gonna need them to chill the fuck out.

Kehlani doesn't need any sort of protection from me, she'll survive.

I finally got to home, just to be bombarded again by another female in my life. My mom.

"Chancelor! Why are you coming in my house so late?"

"Sorry ma. I was over at Kehlani's. " I responded, hoping to sneak past her and quickly go into my room.

"Uh uh. " She called out. "Come back down. Now. "

I grudgingly walked back down the steps, coming face to face with her.

"Yes, ma?"

"What were you doing at Lani's house?"

I scratched the back of my head. I never told my mom me and Kehlani had stopped talking, but she obviously caught on.

"Uh, y'know. Chilling. "

She chuckled lightly, shaking her head.

"Sit down. " She motioned to the couch and I sighed, raking a seat next to her.

"What did you do to that girl?"

"Ma, I didn't do any-"

"Don't lie to me boy. Kehlani used to come over here everyday after school, and you would talk about her all the time with hopeful eyes. But lately, I haven't seen her, and all of a sudden you're coming in my house at the wee hours of night saying you were over there. "

"I mean stuff happens-" I said inturrupting her speech.

"Nope, no, no, no." She said shaking her head. "What you done did?"