Chapter 9: Transformations

Two weeks left. Just two weeks left of the most perfect summer I've ever had. The sun hadn't stopped shining, well for us in La Push it hadn't. Forks and the surrounding areas had the wettest summer ever recorded, of course it rained here sometimes but we actually got sunshine for more than three days in a row. My prayers had been answered, well most of them.

Jesse and I still hardly spoke a word to each other. We still hung out together with our friends but he rarely ever gave me a glance. He was a completely different person, losing his temper a lot more frequently as well, a few weeks ago he even kicked the living room door off of it's hinges.

He wasn't alone in his mannerisms, Paul was the same if not worse. He had always had a temper but it had never been this extreme before, he nearly beat up a tourist on the beach for just looking at him. I hadn't seen Paul around for a while, Jesse hadn't brought him around. Jared had seemed to have slipped away from our group a week before I last saw Paul. Jesse hadn't brought them up so I guess it wasn't a major issue.

However, speaking of major issues, Jesse had been missing for two days. Dad came up with the excuse that he was on a camping trip with Paul and Jared but I knew for a fact that he was lying due to the two of them not being around for a while. Dad tried to remain normal as if nothing was going on but I could tell for a fact he was worried, maybe even scared.

Tori was away with her friend and her family, Dad acted like nothing was going on, I couldn't tell Mom or she'd freak and I couldn't even console in Jake because he was away on a fishing trip with his Dad for the weekend with no cell phone service for three days. He was due back in a few days time.

The second night Jesse didn't come home, I was woken up to Dad's voice coming from down the hall. There was no reciprocating voice so he had to have been on the phone. He sounded frantic but his voice remained hushed as he tried not to disturb me but his efforts failed. I couldn't hear what he was saying but I had a feeling it was about Jesse. No one knew where he was and it was time to stop pretending.

Dad and I argued badly the next morning, Jesse still hadn't shown his face and I complained that he hadn't done anything. He acted like a child and used the excuse that I hadn't either. With that I threatened to go see Uncle Charlie and just as I was about to leave Dad stopped me, saying he would sort it out himself.

It was the third morning since Jesse was last seen. Dad had been out all night and I was still completely alone in the house. How could he just disappear for three days without a trace, how had no one seen him? And why wasn't Dad doing more? Mom still didn't have a clue and if Dad doesn't come back with any information on Jesse I'm telling her.

After pacing around the house for most of the morning, waiting for the return of anyone really,  I heard the front door open. "Hello?" I called making my way out the kitchen. "Dad? Where have you-"

"It's not Dad."

"Jesse?" I called back once I reached the hallway but stopped in my tracks at the sight in front of me.

Jesse, Paul and Jared. The three of them shirtless, their long hair was gone and now cropped short, they each had matching tattoos on the same arm. Their muscles large and bulging, bigger than I remembered.

The three of them blocked the light streaming into the hallway, the darkness overshadowing me as I stared at their tall frames. They towered over me, I couldn't believe they cut their hair off and got tattoos... and copied Sam. Why was this even a thing?

"Aria, say something please. It's been like two minutes." He spoke up. Was I really quiet for that long?

"What.... What happened?" My voice was shaking but I didn't entirely know why, I guess I just never pictured my brother changing so drastically only to follow in Sam's deranged footsteps.