Chapter 34: Preparartion

It was even more infuriating to see the whole Cullen clan practically overjoyed with the idea of the pack joining us in the fight. It was like none of theme seemed to care that this was my family they were using, just as long as we had the numbers they thought that we would be fine.

"Aria will you please relax before I make you." Jasper stressed just as we broke through the trees at the clearing Jasper had chosen for the meeting.

"How do you expect me to, Jasper?" I was being stubborn and I wasn't going to let up.

"It is going to be easy. The newborns will be completely taken by surprise. I truly believe the wolves' hunting techniques will work flawlessly against them." He affirmed, to another person he could've been completely convincing, but this was still my family.

"Well let's hope you're right and no one gets hurt." I concluded as I stared out across the dark field.

"Maybe you should drop your barrier, Aria. I can't see anymore." Alice offered and I complied allowing for the voices of the Cullens' to fill my head.

Bella and Edward arrived shortly after, they began discussing a theory about Victoria being involved in this as well but now was the not the time to think about that. Now was the time to train. "Is something wrong with Alice?" Bella whispered but of course will all heard.

Edward laughed to himself. "The wolves are on their way, so she can't see anything that will happen now. It makes her uncomfortable to be blind." He explained, amused.

As the family greeted the couple, the many voices of the pack suddenly sprung into my head, including two new ones... making eleven in total. There were two new members?

"When will our guests arrive?" Carlisle asked Edward and I.

"A minute and a half. But one of us is going to have to translate. They don't trust you guys enough to use their human forms." I explained and Emmett smirked mischievously.

Carlisle nodded. "This is hard for them. I'm grateful they're coming at all."

I tried to ignore the complaints of bloodsucker stench as the wolves drew nearer. "They're coming as wolves?" Bella asked anxiously but I ignored her and focused on the pack.

They were holding back from showing themselves and it looked like they were not going to participate in the training.

"Prepare yourselves — they've been holding out on us." Edward began.

"What do you mean?" Alice demanded.

"Shh," he cautioned, and stared past her into the darkness. They were planning on being dramatic.

Our informal circle suddenly widened out into a loose line with Jasper and Emmett at the spear point. Carlisle was beside Jasper and I beside Emmett, not including Edward we were the four strongest members of the coven.

The wolves were stood in the darkness in their usual V formation. Sam was in front, his dark shape almost invisible in the night, and was flanked by Jesse and Jacob. I tried to hide my surprise at the sight of Jake, I hadn't seen him as a wolf in weeks, not up close and he was so much bigger than Sam now, I couldn't believe it. He was definitely more muscular and taller in human form.