Chapter 64: Our Forever

Jacob's POV

"So it was a combination of things there at the end, but what it really boiled down to was... Aria and Bella," Edward was explaining what had made the Volturi scum run away with their tails between their legs, and it was so satisfying to listen to.

My beautiful girlfriend was cuddled up on my lap, her family and Seth with us. She had a smug smile on her face, though, Edward kept giving her reassuring looks every few minutes and then her expression would falter. There was something hiding in her eyes... like she was scared, and it had been there since Alice had shown Aro his future.

The night had now fallen upon us, the moonlight was streaming in through the big windows, adding a mellow light to go with our conversation as the white light bounced off the snow on the ground below.

Before we'd even finished celebrating our victory out in the clearing, Dracula One and Two had vanished into thin air. Though, I supposed there was nothing else here for them, they came for a fight and a fight only after all.

Benjamin and Tia, who I actually quite liked in the end, were quick to follow their elder coven members. They were eager to let them know the outcome of our confrontation, but we hoped we would see them again soon - Benjamin and Tia at least. I didn't like the disgusted glare that took over Amun's face whenever he looked at Aria.

The nomads dispersed quickly, only Peter and Charlotte remained for a brief few minutes to talk with Jasper, and then they were gone too. The Amazons were quick to leave as well, they missed their beloved rain forest but made us all promise - to my surprise - to visit them one day and we agreed, it would most likely be a fun trip.

Next to leave were the Irish coven.

"Well done, Siobhan." Carlisle complimented as they hugged goodbye, his hopes of her gift had clearly pulled through.

"Ah, the power of wishful thinking," she said sarcastically in her thick accent, rolling her eyes. And then she was serious. "Of course, this isn't over. The Volturi won't forgive what happened here."

Aria, at that point was still kind of stunned into a silence, let Edward answer that. "They've been seriously shaken; their confidence is shattered. But, yes, I'm sure they'll recover from the blow someday. And then..." His eyes narrowed painfully and I swear Aria flinched.  "I imagine they'll try to pick us off separately."

"Alice will warn us when they intend to strike," Siobhan said in a confident voice. "And we'll gather again. Perhaps the time will come when our world is ready to be free of the Volturi altogether."

"That time may come," Carlisle replied. "If it does, we'll stand together."

"Yes, my friend, we will," Siobhan agreed. "And how can we fail, when I will it otherwise?" She let out a great bellow of laughter that would put Emmett to shame.

"Exactly," Carlisle said. He and Siobhan embraced, and then he shook Liam's hand. "Try to find Alistair and tell him what happened. I'd hate to think of him hiding under a rock for the next decade."

The goodbyes continued until the Denalis were the last ones to leave, Garrett even went with them. He'd started something with Kate and would now most likely be with his new coven forever. Despite the gaining of a new member, the girls were still mourning the loss of their sister, the happy atmosphere was too much for them.

Our two winning pieces of evidence remained with us late into the night. We had assumed they would leave with the Amazons due to living within close proximity with one another, however they had decided to get to know us.

Carlisle, Esme and Huilen were lost in deep conversation, Nahuel sat close beside her, listening to our own conversation about how we won the conflict.