Chapter 51: Revival

Aria's POV

"You've had her for five hours now, Dog! Hand. Her. Over!" Rosalie certainly didn't understand the meaning of the word sharing.

"She just told me she wants to stay with me." Seth countered, carrying Renesmee away from the lounge area and towards the kitchen, also away from Rosalie's quick hands. "I'll feed her."

I knew for a fact that Renesmee had made no inclination she wanted to stay with Seth, she just wanted her breakfast. She didn't care who gave it to her.

"It's my turn!" Rosalie seethed, sending him a deathly glare before chasing after him.

This was what the day had consisted of, everyone fighting over the chance to hold and care for Renesmee... some of us were just a little too selfish to give her up. We were all so in love with her, she even had Jacob wrapped around her finger now that he had gotten to know her.

Within a few hours of her birth we had learned that she was gifted. Like me, she could transfer her thoughts though physical contact and since that she couldn't talk, it was how she communicated with us. Carlisle came to the conclusion that it must be a trait that comes with being a half vampire.

Renemsee's growth rate hadn't changed since her birth. She looked weeks old just half a day after her birth. Carlisle had decided to measure and weigh her every six hours. These measurements were going to try and help him decipher her growth rate... and see if it was ever going to slow down. We didn't know how long we had with her.

Her mind was developing at a much faster rate, it was almost as if she was years old. Her thoughts were much clearer to read and after a day she was as easy to read and understand as everyone else.

"She isn't a toy, guys." Alice remarked from beside Jacob and I on the couch.

Everything had changed dramatically in the last few hours. Renesmee had been born in the early hours of this morning and evening was now settling upon us. Out of the wolves just Jacob and Seth remained awake. Jesse and Leah were asleep still, as soon as they had met Renesmee they practically passed out. Jesse in a bed somewhere upstairs and Leah outside. She was trying for Seth, and that was all that mattered.

"It's my turn." Rosalie whined again, stomping her foot like a child.

"I give up! I'm intervening!" I stood abruptly from the couch and blurred towards the wannabe children. "Hey kiddo." I greeted Ness with a smile and she returned it, flashing her little baby teeth at me. "Who do you wanna go with, huh? Wanna spend some time with Auntie Aria?"

We had decided it would be easier for me to act like an aunt rather than a cousin. We would explain it all to Renesmee when she could understand better.

Her little head nodded enthusiastically, before she reached out for me. "Awh man!" Seth groaned, reluctantly handing her over.

"Rose, I'll feed her and then I'll give her back. I promise." I held Nessie on my hip, she tapped my throat eagerly, showing me her bottle filled with blood.

Rosalie grimaced but inside she felt a little better that Renesmee was with one of us rather than a wolf. "Fine." She huffed, whirling out of the kitchen.

"Alright little baby, lets get out of here." She laughed excitedly knowing her food was coming soon.

I walked with Renesmee up to my bedroom, I wanted to be well away from the baby stealers. I admit I was of the selfish ones and much to my appeasement Ness wanted to be with me as much as I wanted to be with her. She thought my warmth now reminded her of Bella. We bonded over our mutual gifts as well, having silent conversations whilst everyone watched on in wonder.