Chapter 12: Deception

The rush of blurred trees finally began to focus as Bella pulled the truck over on the outskirts of the forest close to my house. The plan we had discussed was for me to run through the trees and appear at the tree line by the house.

"I'm sorry this happened to you." Bella spoke quietly just as I reached for the door handle. My eyes had adjusted to the contacts now.

"I am too, but it's done now, I can't change it." I was calm, there was no point in freaking out and getting angry over something I couldn't change. I had done that this morning, carrying on would only make it worse.

"It might. Ever since I found out about Edward I've wanted nothing more than to be in this world that you can now call your own." She began staring out towards the road.

"Bella?" I furrowed my eyebrows at her statement, she couldn't be serious.

"I want to be one of you. Edward won't change me but do you reckon you could..." She trailed off and I realised what she was getting at.

"No Bella! There is no way I'm doing that." I said seriously and she nodded sadly. Who even knew that I could?

"I'm sorry it was a stupid idea." She looked at me in almost envy and I hated that.

"It might happen one day but I won't be the one to do that to you." She nodded at me again. "I better go, I'll see you later. Wish me luck." I exited the car before she could even open her mouth. I didn't need luck, I needed a miracle to be able to get me through the rest of the day. 

I sprinted through the trees making it to the tree line in under a minute. I stopped for a moment, looking at everyone as they fussed around police cars and maps. Firstly I searched for my dad; he was standing with Sam, Jesse, Jared, Paul, Harry Clearwater, Quil's grandpa and Billy. They were all talking quickly as they stared towards the woods.

I decided to listen to their conversation.

"We lost her scent, it stopped and was then masked by the red head." Sam explained to my dad as I felt my heart stop. They know about Victoria?

"What then?" Dad urged, he seemed angry and agitated. But who wouldn't be if their daughter was gone all night, especially when they have knowledge of Victoria.

"The red head went back east towards our land, Aria had ventured into Cullen territory when we lost her scent and was taken by the Cullens after the red head had left her." Sam explained as I watched all of the men's faces grow grim, hatred and confusion on their faces.

"Wait!" Jesse spoke loudly. "She's here!" His gaze shooting towards the forest right at me. I felt like shrinking back into the undergrowth, I didn't want to do this anymore.

"The red head?" Dad asked nervously.

"No, Aria." Jesse finished as he took one step closer. "She's different, she smells kind of like them." He can smell me?

I took that as my cue to emerge from the trees, all the guys faces turning to me in disbelief. Dad however looked relieved as well as Jesse.

"Aria!" Tori's voice rang above everyone else's, and all heads turned to me as Tori moved fast on her feet towards me, Jake right behind her. I caught Tori in my arms as she reached me, tears pouring down her face. "You're home."