Chapter 39: Secrets

"You're so freaking heavy!" I whined from my squished position on the couch, flat on my back with my arms pinned to my sides.

In reality I could easily throw him off of me but I was only messing around. It was fun being a tease.

"But you're so comfy." His protest was muffled by the pillows between my neck and shoulder.

Jacob was lying on top of me, making me completely disappear apart from my head that was visible beside his. His face was buried between my neck and shoulder and every so often he's pepper kisses along them making my toes curl.

"And you're fat!" I complained with a huff.

He gasped in offence and leaned up slightly to look at my face. "Take that back."

"I refuse." I turned away from him to try and hide my smile.

"Well that's not very nice." Jacob said and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Too bad." I couldn't help the laugh that escaped me when he took my chin in his hand and turned my head to look at him. The smile reserved just for me was plastered across his face and I reached up to caress the side of his face.

"You're so perfect." He breathed and I rolled my eyes with playful annoyance.

"Thank you." I breathed as I smiled up at him. "But," I began using some of my strength to sit up ready to get off the couch. "We can't sit here all day. We have to go."

He groaned heavily before standing regretfully, offering me his hand. "I guess you're right." He said as I stood to my feet too. He pecked my lips once I reached my full height. He watched me for a moment before speaking again. "You spoken to them yet?" He asked uneasily.

It had been a week since the battle and almost week since I had last spoken to anyone from the Cullen family. I did not want to see Bella, I couldn't stand the thought of being in the same room with her at the moment.

On Carlisle's last visit to check up on Jacob earlier on in the week I had heard through his thoughts that Edward and Bella were engaged, it only infuriated me more. She had confronted Jacob whilst engaged and Edward wasn't even mad. I didn't get it.

Jacob had ignored Bella's calls and I finally told him just to get it over with and answer whenever she next called. What made it worse was that Bella hadn't even made the effort to contact me. Jake and Bella spoke briefly, with no mention of the impending wedding. She apologised to him for creating another problem between Jake and I.

I refused to be the first one to reach out. She had a lot of making up to do.

"No." I said monotonously as I looked down at the floor. Jacob was pressuring me to make the first move, surprisingly. He believed that family could always pull through. I held back from reminding him that Rebecca hadn't contacted him or his father in two years and Rachel hardly ever called home since she left for college two years ago.

"They're your family too." He prodded and I suddenly glared up at him. "What! You're the one that has told us that over and over again." He said defensively with a shrug.

My face softened as he looked at me expectantly, I regretted reacting so harshly. "I know." I drawled out as I wrapped my arms around him. "I just want to be around you right now." I mumbled as I rested my head against his warm chest.