Prologue

Cover by jennadanderson

"Fight hard. Love harder."

Dedication:
To all the fighters, you make the best lovers.

He saw his first fight on television when he was eleven years old. There was a re-run of Fight Club on and he snuck down stairs to the living room to watch it even though he had school in the morning. He loved everything about the movie, especially the fighting. He re-watched that movie ten times before he saw his first fight in person.

His older cousins took him to a hockey game for his twelfth birthday and when the players started to fight he felt his own adrenaline pumping. His smile grew wider as the two men threw punches. His heart started beating quicker when the people around him cheered louder. And when he saw the blood? He was entranced. Especially since neither of the players seemed to even notice the blood running down their faces.

A couple months later a kid at school teased Leo for being a replacement for his deceased sister. Leo didn't even think twice before he swung his fist and gave the boy a black eye. His hand hurt a lot after wards and he got into a lot of trouble but he couldn't wipe the smile off his face.

For once in his life he felt in control.

A couple weeks later he went up to visit his older sister and her family in Alaska. After finding out a month earlier that Alexandria was supposed to be the one to take over the company, not him, he started to hate his sister. Why did she get a choice and leave him with none? It wasn't fair.

And of course there was his nephew Martin who was as energetic as the Energizer Bunny and who wouldn't stop talking, ever.

So when he brought up the topic of Leo actually being his uncle and only being two years apart, Leo felt a surge of anger rise up in him and before he knew what he was doing he had Martin pinned to the ground in the woods with his fists connecting to his face repeatedly.

Finally when he snapped out of it he jumped off his nephew and watched as Martin ran back to the house, blood streaming from his nose like a waterfall.

Leo looked down to his hands, seeing all the blood and feeling a weird emotion go through him.

Delight.

That was the first time's he's felt that way in years since he realized his life was perfectly planned out for him, and not in the way he wanted it to be.

From that point on Leo started to fight. He would knock out anybody who said something about his dead sister Angela, or about his future as the head of the company, or his inconsiderate older sister who was old enough to be his mother.

He might not have control over what his life plan was but he did have control over the people who crossed his path.

He used it to his advantage.

As he grew older it was obvious that he wasn't like the other people in his family. He wasn't smiling all the time, he wasn't as radiant as them, he wasn't as kind as them either.

He was cold, dark, ruthless, and dangerous.

He was hardly a Stavros at all. He loved that.

...
Will be updating after Betraying Marco is finished so probably early or mid September