15

Picture above is Leo Stavros;)

It's always odd when you wake up in a place you don't remember falling asleep at. For instance I didn't remember falling asleep in the back of a truck with a mountain range in front of me. But what was even stranger than that was I woke up with my head on Leo's chest and both of his arms holding me against him.

Before I could think twice I shot up from him, waking him up in the process and scooting to the far corner of the truck with my knees against my chest.

With bleary eyes he looked over at me. "Well good morning to you to. I want a better wakeup call next time."

"There won't be a next time," I hissed even though I was more anxious than angry. "You're my boss, we shouldn't cuddle." I scrunched up my nose.

"Oh relax Ivory," he grunted, sitting up and stretching his back. "I think with all that's going on now, you know like your psychotic ex fiancé who wants me dead, we've moved past the professional relationship."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It's supposed to mean that we're friends. For instance, friends go on road trips together, they make sure the other doesn't get killed, and they give them their jackets when they bitch about the cold weather for an hour straight."

I looked down to see that I was in fact wearing Leo's dress coat that had kept me warm all night. Now that I think about it last night in my last minutes of being awake Leo asked if he could wrap his arms in my or well his jacket to keep warm. Apparently I said yes.

"Oh," I flushed red, "right. Um here you go." I squirmed out of the jacket and instantly felt bad that I left Leo with only his dress shirt on all night. He greedily took it and wrapped it around himself. "If you get sick I'll take the blame."

Leo's bright blue eyes shot up to me with mischievousness coating them. "You mean you'll nurse me back to health? I can be your patient and you can be my nurse? I think they're still selling slutty nurse costumes now."

"Oh shut it," I snapped although I found his joke funny since I knew he was joking. "We should get back before the rooster crows." I jump off the bed of the truck, now realizing how far I had driven us off the road the night before.

"How long have you been holding that one in," he asked, hopping off the truck as well. I noticed that his entire outfit had dirt and hay on it. I would have been concerned that mine would look the same but I was wearing a twenty dollar pajama outfit while he was probably wearing a thousand dollar suit.

Sucks to be him.

"My whole life," I admitted. I opened the driver's side door which still felt odd to me. Since almost every car in the country was driven by a computer than I had only opened the driver's door twice, once last night and once in fifth grade on a school field trip.

I sat in my seat, ready to drive us back to the hotel and hopefully not crash us even though I was fifty percent sure I would do better that it was no light out. Leo knocked on my window and I knew what he was going to say before he said it.

"You're not driving us back," I yelled, keeping the door locked.

"Well you definitely aren't," he responded. I ignored him and started to look for the keys that I figured would be lying around.

"Looking for these?" I turned around to see him holding up the set of keys between his fingers just like the night before in the hallway. "Too bad you aren't getting them."

"Leo," I whined.

"Remember what I said? Friends don't let other friends get killed. If you drive us back, you'll kill your only friend Ivory."