25

The cold air smacked my hair into my face. Aggravated, I pushed it back behind my ears with a scowl on my face. Why was it so easy to lose hair ties?

It was the first days of November as well as the first days that finally felt like winter. There was a snow storm the night before, layering all of the upper east coast in a thick layer of white dust. Winter had come too soon, at least in my book since I was never fond of it; luckily though the meteorologists didn't see another snow storm coming in anytime soon. But then again they couldn't predict this storm so what makes them think they can predict the next one?

Leo's family was herding themselves into a limo, heading for the airport which would take them to Canada where Alexandria lived. It had been exactly one week since the untimely death of their loved one and unfortunately four days since Leo and I had last heard from Adrik.

He phoned Leo late in the night, reminding him that he wanted his answer. If it weren't for me though Leo probably would have had to bury another one of his family members because he didn't have an answer yet. We had no clue as to what the plan was, we were still busy dealing with Xander's death and staying in bed as much as we possibly could. I persuaded Adrik into giving Leo more time, telling him that he needed some time to collect himself after his dad's sudden death.

I played the guilt train, I'll admit it, but I won't regret it. It got Leo a couple more days to come up with a plan.

"Call me when you get there," Leo murmured to his sister. They weren't the best of friends right now but they were definitely making progress in their relationship.

Alexandria smiled up at her younger brother. "I will. You're still coming up for Thanksgiving right?"

Leo smiled back and nodded his head. It was odd to see them so fond of each other when just last year I remember Leo skipping out on an important business trip with his dad because Alexandria would be going as well. I didn't complain because I was the one who had to fill in for Leo, therefore earning a free trip to London.

Alexandria turned to me, her face still bright with young age even though she wasn't. "You too Ivory?"

I leaned into Leo who wrapped an arm around my waist. "I wouldn't miss it." She beamed at us both before saying her goodbyes and stooping down into the car.

Where Alexandria once was Aria had taken her place. Her hair was gray now and there were winkles covering her body, showing how old she really was. I swear that since Xander had died she had grown a lot more winkles. But still she had a smile on her face as she looked up at her son.

"You better call me every day," she said sternly.

Leo rolled his eyes but chuckled softly. "I will mom. I promise."

"Good," she huffed, "because if you don't I'll just have to come back and stay with you two. Then you won't be able to do any more hanky panky with your Momma in the house."

"Mom," Leo groaned, his face growing red quickly.

"Oh I'm so glad I can embarrass you now." She clapped her hands excitedly. "Ivory dear, have you ever seen photos of him when he was ten?"

"No," Leo snapped, "she hasn't and she never will."

I shared Aria's smile, basking in the good mood that I had whenever she was around. "Is it embarrassing?"

"It's humiliating," Leo grumbled.

"Leo was such a. . . chubby child. I don't know where he got it from but it only lasted for about a year before he started boxing."

"I need to see them."

"No you don't," Leo hissed, growing frustrated.

"I'll send you some Ivory. I believe Alexandria has a whole album dedicated to that year," she teased, her eyes twinkling as she looked at Leo.