21

Ivory's POV

The next day I get up early to take Caesar for a walk on the grounds of Leo's back yard before hitching a ride myself into the city. I have a smile on my lips the entire way and for the first time in a while it doesn't seem forced. Heck I even sing along to the radio which I haven't done since before Isaiah's untimely death.

I feel like a part of myself has been awaken once more and I have no intention of losing it again.

I go to Momma's Bakery to get him the coffee he wants, the sole reason why I woke up before Leo and caught a ride without him. I want to surprise him at work with it since I know he loves it so much.

To make sure it stays warm I call ahead and demand that I get a special coffee for a multibillionaire and pay three times the normal amount. It works of course because as soon as I step through the door it's pushed into my hand while the cash is greedily taken from my other hand.

With a wide grin on my face I go back to the taxi, stopping only to solemnly see an ambulance pull into the run down hospital across the street. When I hear gun shots in the distance I know it's time to get out of that part of town.

When I get to work the coffee in my hand is still warm to the touch and I'm all but ready to go hand it to Leo but I check by Kelly's desk first.

"Is Mr. Stavros in yet?"

"Sure is. He asked the same about you by the way." It didn't take me to be a psychiatrist to realize that something was wrong with Kelly, I could hear it in her voice.

"Hey what's wrong?"

Kelly finally looked up from her desk, letting me see her puffy eyes and forced smile. "I left him."

I gasped, feeling my heart ache for a woman I have known for years. I wouldn't call us friends since I've made sure to not have any since Leo but I held sympathy for her.

"That must have been hard Kelly. I'm sorry."

She shrugged one shoulder. "There's nothing to be sorry about. Hell I'm not sorry about it, it's just. . . the kids saw everything. I had to send them to my Mom's this weekend because I didn't want to answer any of their questions. I don't think I'm ready yet."

I shook my head, yanking Kelly's bag off her desk as she protested. "Go get them Kelly. Spend time with them and whether you like it or not you're going to talk to them about it. It's their life too."

"But I can't just leave work," she whined, "it's unprofessional."

"Trust me," I said with a smirk, "I'll explain it to Leo. Once I'm done with him he'll understand fully."

Kelly raised a quizzical brow but luckily she didn't bother to question me. Instead she sighed and began to shut everything down. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"Sure thing," I promised as she took her bag from my hand.

Once she left I continued on my mission to track down Leo and give him his morning coffee, although now it was getting to be a little on the cold side. As soon as I reached his door I knocked four times, rushing to get his cup to him before it became too cold and my entire morning would be wasted.

"Mr. Stavros," I called when the door didn't open. His entire office was sound proof so if he responded it would be deemed pointless. I waited and waited and knocked some more and still there was no answer, he didn't unlock the door either from a button on his desk like he usually would. Kelly said he came in already asking for me but maybe he just hadn't made it to his office yet.

I decided to go ask Jose for answers.

Jose for once was already busy into his work first thing in the morning. Of course since we had a new project going on there was no time to waste. The faster it could be done on our end the better.