30

THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER! THERE WILL BE NO EPILOGUE!
I know I said I would write one but after considering it I realized I couldn't end my favorite series in one chapter. Plus I don't want it to end so you guys can imagine your own ending to it:)
If you want to know how I would have ended it, read the note at the bottom... Hehe

"Ten people were killed, all either our men or theirs. A few others were injured; broken leg, cut arm, things like that, nothing too serious."

Isaiah scoffed at Mikael. "Still they are the richest people in Manhattan, you think they won't do something in retaliation?" He's been in a bad mood since we left the gardens, as he should be. Many people were actually and I would have been if I wasn't concerned about Leo. He woke up soon after we got him to the infirmary which was filled with many other people. He got a concussion so I was careful to keep my eyes on him.

"They won't," Leo spoke up, taking the ice pack away from his head. I glared at him until he placed it back. "They weren't supposed to be here in the first place. If they say anything to anyone they'll be in just as much trouble with the press."

"Leo's right," Mikael said, "I spoke to all of them in Adrik's spot. They all agreed to look away and of course stay away from now on."

"I'll speak to them again, apologize for bringing them into this."

"You knew just as much as they did Leo," I argued, "don't think about blaming this on yourself. If anything it was Adrik's fault."

"Speaking of the boss, I'm going to go check up on him. Last time I checked he was swatting away the in house doctor as he tried to sew him up."

I rolled my eyes. "He's the most stubborn man I've ever met."

"And the angriest at the moment. Do you think I could take my two week vacation now," Mikael asked seriously.

"I'm sure he'll be okay with it when he realizes I'm leaving for good," Isaiah pointed out.

Mikael sighed. "I figured you would do this, as soon as your sister showed back up. He did too actually."

"So he'll let Isaiah go? Just like that," I asked surprised.

"Does he have a choice," Mikael asked.

"No," I said in unison with my brother. I shared a smile with him, excited that after so long we could be together again.

"Hey Mikael, mind if we come with? We need to speak to him," Leo said, gesturing between him and me.

Mikael nodded and lead the way through the house to Adrik's bedroom.

After softly rapping his knuckles on the door he softly let himself in. "Wait here for a minute."

Leo and I were left alone in the hallway. I wrapped my arms around his waist and breathed in his scent.

"If you ever try to do that again I'll make you pay a slow terrible death."

He tightened his arms around me and kissed my head. "I'll do anything for you darling."

"I don't want you to sacrifice yourself for me! It was the scariest moment of my life, when that man started walking towards you."

Leo chuckled slightly, and even though it was a very inappropriate time to laugh I couldn't chastise him for it. Only a few hours before I thought I would never hear it again. I wouldn't take advantage of any moment I had with Leo.

"You were scared about that but not about getting your own limbs cut off?"

I lifted my head from Leo's chest to look up at him. I was still shocked that I was ever lucky enough to catch someone as amazing as him. "I'd rather walk through fire as demons tore my limbs off one by one then to see that happen to you."