7 Part 2

"Good night Ivory," the devil said in passing.

I watched in silent anger as Leo walked through the office to the bank of elevators while people rushed around him. The new city that we are planning on building is making everyone work to the bone, everyone except the big boss himself. He leaves every night no later than five and sometimes he leaves at least half an hour before.

I know for a fact that I won't leave the office tonight until late like I have every other day of the week. I've so far become great friends with the nightly janitor crew.

I clench the pen in my fist as the elevator doors close behind Leo's contented smile.

I want nothing more than to throw him off the top of the building and I'm sure everyone else in the office is thinking the same thing.

It's been three weeks since he has taken the position of owner of the company and it's also been the worst three weeks of my entire life. Ever since I've met him my life has been a mix of late nights, horrible mornings, tiring days, and busy weekends. I haven't caught break for one second.

Considering the amount of hate I have for Leonardo Stavros at the moment I don't know how I'm going to manage to survive the trip to Wyoming with him next week. It will only be him and I checking out the town and looking for improvements as well as how to plan out the new city.

It's going to be one of the biggest projects this company has ever done since usually we build neighbor hoods and small towns, not a whole city from the ground up.

I rub my eyes with the back of my hands and groan quietly. I haven't had a good night's rest in weeks and it's really taking a toll on me.

Blowing out a puff of air I get back to trying to find the best cement company to help build the roads in the middle-of-nowhere town.

...

"Do you want me to call you a taxi Ivory?" Jim, the security guard on night shift stood by the front doors. He fished the keys out of his pocket to unlock the door.

I waved it off. "I can't take one tonight. If I sit down for even a second I'm going to fall asleep."

"Are you sure," he asked worriedly, opening the door for me. "It's ten at night. You shouldn't be walking around."

I sent him a sly smile. "I can protect myself Jim, even if I'm half dead."

"I better see you in the morning," he exclaimed.

I groaned. "For the sake of my sanity let's hope not. Tomorrow's a Saturday and coincidently it's my first day off in weeks."

"Um Ivory," he said, looking concerned. "Tomorrow is a Friday."

"Fuck me!" I spun on my heel and walked away. I was too busy imagining different ways to kill Leo to notice if Jim left or not. He probably locked himself inside to keep himself safe from me.

The cold October air pushed at me like an angry giant but I was much angrier. I didn't feel the nip at my legs or the blisters on my feet from my obnoxious heels and I even ignored the men cat calling me on the other side of the street.

All I could think about was murdering Leo.

Okay so I wasn't actually thinking about that. I was honestly thinking about quitting though. When Mr. Stavros told me that I would be his son's assistant I knew that I would have a hard time to begin with but not this hard of a time.

I missed the days that I could sleep in with Caesar. I missed having the ability to even leave the office early. I missed having the weekends open.

I missed my fucking freedom.

How could a job that I once loved so much turn into a pile of chains for me?

I was shackled to a job, a life that I didn't want anymore.

If my brother's death taught me anything it's that you owe to yourself to try to break free from your shackles. This is my life and I won't let anyone else control it besides myself.

Call it fate or just the devil wanting to fuck with me but two blocks from my apartment I saw the person I hate most in this world.

I didn't know who he was at first. All I saw was a man with an old hoodie over his head walking across the street but when he walked under the street light and his face lit up I was shocked.

Leo Stavros, my boss, was walking around New York City past ten at night in clothes that looked like they're from a hobo when he wears Armani suits every day to work.

I didn't think about what I was about to do, I just did it.

I began to follow Leo through the dark streets of hell.

...
Before you freak out about the length and the cliff hanger just know that I will get another update out tonight! (If my computer decides to work again)