7 Part 1

I'm sorry it's so short! Part 2 is right after:)

A week passed by and each day was worse than the one before. Leo made it obvious that he didn't like meetings or going to work at all for that matter. He was late every day and by the time he got to his desk his coffee would be cold which made me go out once again into the busy and dangerous city to get him more.

There was one simple feeling I had for that man.

Hate.

I don't hate people easily; they have to give me real reasons to do so and Leo has checked off every single box on my list.

He was rude, impolite, arrogant, egotistical, and had no thoughts for anyone but himself. I have met a lot of bad people in my life but even they showed that they had a heart for at least a moment. Not Leo though.

As much as I wanted to forget him, especially on a Tuesday night which were my 'nights', I couldn't get him out of my damn mind. Or to be more precise, I couldn't get his bruised knuckles and his purple cheek out of my thoughts.

He showed up this morning with the new look, hoping no one would notice with the amount of cover up on his face but I've had to cover my brother's bruises up enough times to know what he was hiding. I tried shrugging it off as a normal occurrence in a city like ours but I couldn't deny the bad feeling I had inside of me.

If you were jumped on the sidewalk then you wouldn't go out of your way to cover it up, even if you are a CEO of a major company.

I punched the bag in front of me, trying to come with explanations every time my fists made contact with it.

Hit.

He was jumped on the side walk.

Hit.

He likes wearing makeup.

Hit.

He tripped and fell.

Hit.

He has a hickey.

Hit.

On his cheek.

Hit.

Oh who am I kidding? Nobody would kiss him.

I grabbed the punching bag quickly before it could swing back and knock me to the floor. I leaned against it, trying to catch my breath and figure out why I was thinking so much about a man I hated.

Because the bruises on his hands are familiar.

I shook my head, trying to rid myself of the thoughts but I only succeeded in my gaze landing on the bandages wrapped around my own hand.

It felt like just yesterday that my brother was teaching me how to bandage my hands, or well his hands before one of his fights.

He could have done it himself, he's done it multiple times before but that small amount of time together meant something to me, to him.

"You're my lucky charm Ives," he would say every time.

"It's not about luck," I would respond, smiling shyly. "You're too good for that kind of stuff."

After I would finish wrapping his hands I would lift his knuckles to my lips, kissing them softly. It wasn't for luck, even though that's what a lot of people thought it was for; I really didn't believe in luck when it came to Isaiah's undefeated title. It was because it was the last thing my Mom did to him before she passed away.

He would then kiss my forehead and we would walk into the arena together, me beside him. He would make a show of showing me to my spot before heading into the ring. Then the blood bath would ensue.

We did that every time before one of his fights. I lost count of how many fights he fought but I knew that he won every single one of them, except one.

His last one.

The memory of seeing his dead body on the warehouse floor, covered in blood and bruises is enough to make me puke.

I clenched my eyes tightly, gripping onto the punching bag with all my might while trying to rid myself of the sick images.

That was the last time I ever saw my brother, my best friend.

Younger and scared me fainted at the sight and when I woke up in a monster's bed I did exactly what Isaiah told me to do.

"If anything happens to me Ivory," he said, grabbing me by the shoulders and looking me in the eye after he lost for the first time, "You run. You run and don't ever look back, do you hear me?"

There's not a doubt in my mind that I wouldn't have ended up on that same floor like my brother unless I found refuge with Mr. Stavros.

...
With my new job and school and family it's really hard to find time to write now. I don't know how long my life will continue to be hectic but let's hope it won't be for very long cause I want to write more!

Also if you have any COMMENTS put them on the side (inline comment) because Wattpad is messed up and won't let me see comments unless they're on the side.

.