8

It didn't take long for me to connect the dots.

Leo Stavros obviously didn't want to be spotted, given the ratty clothes and his great amount of wealth. If any of the movies I have watched are correct than Leo is living a double life.

And because of my curiosity I just had to follow him.

If my boss was living a double life as a prostitute or a spy than by god I was going to find out.

I followed behind his large figure as he crossed streets, took turns, and stayed hidden in the shadows of the night. There weren't many people out on the streets with us. They were all either behind locked doors or out on the town to cause some trouble.

It's a wonder to me how at one point New York City was called the city that never sleeps. From the movies that I've seen of it and what my parents have told me NYC used to be the greatest place on earth. But of course not anymore.

I followed Leo for what seemed like hours. My feet dragged underneath me, begging me to find a place to sit but I kept pushing on. My body might be exhausted after such a long day but my brain was firing like a rocket.

The excitement of following Leo was really impacting me and I wasn't sure if I was going to regret it in the morning or not.

Finally he turned down an alley way but I knew better than to follow him immediately. I waited three minutes until I turned down the same dark alley way that had no outlet. There was nobody in the cramped space, no Leo. That meant that he went through the only door on the left building.

I looked down at my attire: a skirt, tights, a blouse, a blazer, and high heels. I looked like a fancy librarian.

I figured that whoever was behind that door would not let me in unless I was showing off something or at the very least letting them know that I had boobs.

I took off my blouse and folded my shirt up so my legs were more on show and that my blazer showed the whole valley between my breasts.

Most of the time I hate being a girl.

I knocked on the door while hoping that there wasn't supposed to be a secret knock or something.

The door opened to reveal a giant of a man. His figure blocked the whole door way.

"Hi there," I said flirtatiously. "I hope I got the right place." I straightened my back, achieving in making his eyes lock in on my cleavage.

"You one of Bud's girls?" The man asked.

"Sure thing," I said, hoping I sounded convincing.

The opened the door wider, letting me in before closing the door swiftly behind me. His horrible breath killed my nose when he leant in and said, "Tell Bud I call dibs on ya. I'll pay extra."

I smirked at the man while on the inside I wanted to puke. "I'll see you later than."

As soon as I turned around the smile from my face was wiped away. I have no idea what the hell I got myself into.

...

The sound of cheering and the passing of money was all too familiar to me.

As soon as I stepped foot into the basement I knew exactly where the hell I was.

An underground fighting arena.

I've spent enough nights in a place like this that I had lost count.

It was an amateur one from what I could tell. The only thing holding back the two fighters was a line drawn in chalk on the ground and a circle of people surrounding it. The audience was mostly raggedy old men looking for entertainment and young people looking for something to waste their money on. I also noticed all the girls that were attached to the men's sides that were dressed sluttier than I was.