3

A picture of Leo

Of course when I walked into the office Leo was doing nothing but relaxing in his chair, his hands behind his head, his feet on his iDesk, and his eyes closed.

I coughed, trying to catch his attention before I said anything. When he didn't bat an eye I did it again, and again, and again until he finally spoke up.

"Are you chocking or something?"

My mouth opened wide in surprise of his rudeness before I snapped it shut, grinding my teeth together. "I came in to see how you were settling in. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Yeah," he said, opening his eyes and sitting up like a real adult. "Can you get me a coffee?"

"Sure," I said because it wasn't an odd task and it was pretty easy. I've gotten coffee for his father multiple times even though I didn't necessarily had to. It was mostly the interns job but I wasn't going to pass the opportunity to get along with my new boss. "A tad bit of creamer with no sugar right?"

"How did you know that," he asked, raising an eye brow in suspicion.

"I've gotten you coffee before, a couple times actually whenever you stop by. You get mad at me whenever I get it wrong so I've made sure to memorize it."

Leo hummed than sat back again, relaxing in his throne. "Then you also know where I like to get it from?"

"Um no," I said confused. "I always make it here in the break room. The coffee maker is state of the arc."

"That's because my father doesn't want you walking across town, but I do," he said honestly. "I want a Grande coffee the way I like it from a café called Momma's Bakery on 165th street and Broadway."

"Are you trying to get me killed," I stammered. "That's one of the most dangerous parts of the city."

"Yeah but they have killer coffee."

I bit my lip to keep myself from lashing out on him. I hated the expressionless look on his face because from it I knew that he wouldn't care if I was killed while on my coffee run. At least if he had a confident smirk on his lips he would feel at least a little guilty because he saw it as a game, but no, Leo honestly doesn't care. He just wants his damn coffee.

"Right away sir," I said tensely, spinning around and heading out the door.

"Oh and another thing Amy," he called before the door could slide behind me.

"It's Ivory," I said, confused as to why he called me something that doesn't sound like my name at all.

"You need to wear heels to work. It makes you look professional unlike those."

I looked down at me open toed black sandals. They were the comfiest and only pair of fashionable shoes I owned, besides my tennis shoes.

"I don't have heels sir. They give me blisters."

"Blisters huh? Well you better work through the pain than." He looked away to start up his iDesk, giving me the opportunity to glare at him.

"I'll try to find time to buy some sir."

He didn't say anything else, only waved his hand at me, gesturing for me to get out of his office. I gladly did, mentally cursing him with every bad word I knew.

...

When the taxi pulled in front of Mamma's Bakery I held my bracelet up in front of the scanner on the dashboard.

The automatic voice said, "Your order is thirty five. The transaction is complete, have a nice day." My bad mood only increased when the door didn't unlock like it was supposed to once I had paid. I knew I shouldn't have gotten into one of the older models of the self-driven cars by Vandal. They always cheap out on people.