2

When I first saw Leo Stavros years ago I began to act like an outrageous fan meeting her favorite celebrity. He was perfect in every aspect of the word and as he grew older that beauty multiplied tenfold. I didn't speak much when talking to him, I tripped over my words, and I couldn't stop blushing for the life of me.

But things had changed.

I realized who Leo truly was. He was rude, careless, heartless, emotionless, and a whole lot more of 'less's'. At one point I stopped acting like a star struck teenager and managed to uphold a normal conversation with him, however very short.
But I still wasn't ready to work with him, or well for him.

"Leonardo," Mr. Stavros greeted his son, standing to his full height. "I was beginning to think you got cold feet."

He didn't crack a smile, only closed the door behind him and walked around the room until he was sitting in the head chair. I had to bite back any rude comment even though he was being rude himself.

"You're made for that chair son," Mr. Stavros said, a smile on his face and his hands clasped behind his back.

"So I've been told," Leo said, not caring that his father heard. Mr. Stavros's smile dropped, replaced by a slight frown.

"Well," Mr. Stavros sighed, trying to hide his disappointment. "Leo, you know Ivory don't you? She will be your assistant from now on."

Leo offered me nothing but a long stare, staring from my toes up to my eyes. I wanted nothing more than to jump across the desk and throttle his neck. He turned back to his father and said, "I thought you would be in Greece by now."

"I was waiting for you, but that's okay. We can start now."

Mr. Stavros struggled to sit back down on the chair, his bones aching underneath him. "Ivory dear, I believe that is all for now. We shouldn't be long."
I nodded my head, spared Leo nothing more than a slight considerate smile and made my way back to my desk. Once I sat down I was able to let a frown find its way onto my features and mentally curse Leo.

I worked for a bit on my IDesk, the last greatest thing that Apple ever created before the revolution. During the revolution though it couldn't compete with the high tech devices that were coming out then so it tanked and vanished.

What used to be phones are now ear pieces that are command effective and whereas people used to text on phones they now text on a tablet that they can wrap around their wrist.

Luckily the Stavros Corporation paid for my ear piece and tablet so I didn't have to pay for that but the bracelet on my right hand had to be paid in full by me as soon as all the currency in America disappeared.

America was one of the first countries surprisingly to get rid of their currency, followed by the rest of the world but that didn't mean money no longer existed. It's still a major thing that runs our lives but now it's all computerized. Dollars, coins, euros, they're all just pieces in museums now, showing the future generations what the world used to run on.

Now the only money we have are transferred through the bracelets almost everyone has on their right wrist. The cost of it was every dime and penny I had in physical form and they burned the money, turned it into virtual money instead, put it on the bracelet hard drive and subtracted the amount the device was.

It was a fad and well a necessity when it came out when I was in high school. Every working person needed one if they didn't want to be broke.

I've always thought it was worth all how much it cost because now you couldn't just lose twenty dollars, people couldn't take it out of your purse, and you had better control over it. But there are the set-backs that criminals could still steal your money. They would have to physically take the bracelet off your wrist first though and figure out your password. The long process though wasn't worth the hassle.

Mr. Stavros and his son came out of the office just after the sun had fully risen. People all over the floor stopped what they were doing to face the new and old boss. It still unnerved me that Leo was now my boss and I had to call him that.

"Everybody," Mr. Stavros said even though everyone was already focusing on him. "I would like to say a few words before I leave. I cannot express the gratitude I have for everyone that has worked at this company, no matter how long you've been here. Without you there would be no Stavros Corporation, it would still be Stavros Luxury Hotels," he chuckled. "I'm very proud of how far this company has come thanks to you all and I know my father and his before his and so on would say the same. I could keep going and talk more about what this company means to me but I think you all know the answer to that. I will now let my son Leonardo introduce himself before I finally retire."

Mr. Stavros moved aside, gesturing for his son to take his place in the spot light.

"No matter how far we have come we still have more to go," Leo said with no sense of happiness on his face like Mr. Stavros had. "If you keep working hard, the way you have for so long than I know this company will succeed even farther. Let's start now." Leo said no more. Instead he turned around and headed straight for the his office, closing the door behind him.

We all looked to Mr. Stavros is silent confusion. It wasn't a very inspirational speech, especially when it looked like his puppy had just died. His father looked at the door, just as shocked as the rest of us before shaking his head and letting disappointment seep into his features. He turned back to the room full of people and said, "It's been a great experience with you all over the decades and I know that in time you will find out that you will have just as great as an experience with my son. I will say goodbye now but not for the last time."

He turned to me first, holding out his arms to embrace me in a hug. Even though he was my boss for three years and one of the richest men in the world I wrapped my arms around his neck and squeezed tight. I really was going to miss him. He was the only person who gave me a chance when no one else would. Mr. Stavros is the sole reason as to why I wasn't living on the street.

"Take good care of my baby you hear me Ivory," he said into my ear. I wasn't sure what he meant by that, either his company or his son but I nodded my head anyways.

"Thank you for everything Mr. Stavros. It was my pleasure learning from you these past couple years," I responded. I pulled away, sure that tears were running down my cheeks.
I was shocked though to see tears running down Mr. Stavros's as well.

"Thank you Ivory," he stated, holding me at arms-length. "I don't think I could trust anyone with my son more than you."

"I appreciate that sir."

"Do you mind checking on him," he asked worriedly. "Today will be a hard day for him."

"Of course," I said brightly, even though I really didn't want to.

As I prepared myself to step into the devils lair Mr. Stavros made his rounds around the office, saying goodbye to every single person on the floor. I looked back at him, admiring his thoughtfulness and realized how much he didn't just care about the company but the people that made it, but then I turned back to the office door and knew that the man on the other side was nothing like his father.

...
How do you like it so far??
Anything I should change or add?

I can't believe that Betraying Marco and Saving Alexandria are now in the top 50 in Romance because only Blackmailing Aria has been in the starlight, but not them. It's exciting!

**next update: Sunday**

And please go check out any of my other stories if the next update is too far away:) Bring Your Own Chick is my favorite now;)