27

One second my ex-boyfriend was standing above the limp body of a very lethal man twenty feet away and the next his face was two inches from mine. "Come with me," he panted in my ear. He didn't give me a choice and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers and pushing our way through the rowdy crowd until we reached a door.

He pushed me inside first then followed behind, closing the door quickly before anyone could come in. We were standing in a brightly lit hallway, giant oak doors spread throughout. He took my hand again and began to run, not walk, down the hallway.

"Leo wait," I protested, yanking my hand back but he wouldn't have any of it.

"Just a little bit further Ivory. We need to be alone."

Instead of arguing my mind focused on Leo's tan back, slick with sweat and a few fresh bruises. He's gotten bigger from the last time I've seen him, more muscles and bigger shoulders. Before his body resembled that of a swimmers, lean and cut but now it's hefty and meaty and my lord I think I'm drooling. With my free hand I swiped against my mouth.

Leo led us into a barren room, one that resembled the entrance to a therapist's office or a dentist office. He frantically turned on the light and ripped off his mask.

"Leo," I began but was cut off when his arms wrapped around me in a tight embrace. I stood stock still for a couple of moments before instinct took over and my arms wrapped around his large frame as well. I breathed in his familiar scent, feeling like I was. . . at home.

"I'm sorry," he cried, his tears marking my neck with despair. "I never thought I would see you again. I tried to find you but I couldn't. I-I shouldn't have let you go. I'm so sorry Ivory."

My voice caught in my throat. I didn't know what to say. Even holding him at that moment felt. . . wrong.

I pulled away from him, against his reluctance and took a few steps back. "Please don't say that."

"Why not," he asked, his big blue eyes carving their way into my memories. "I've missed you. Haven't you missed me too?"

"Have I missed you," I laughed dryly. "What kind of question is that Leo? Of course I have! Every damn day I wake up thinking that you're going to be there lying next to me. Every time someone calls me I secretly wish it's you. I've missed you so damn much. . ." His face lightens up, he takes a step forward and I take one back. "And that's why I hate you." His face falls, his shoulders slump, and I swear I can see his life flashing before his eyes. "I hate that you made me fall for you in such a short time. I hate that while I was suffering in a city I hated I would turn on the TV and see your face. I hate that you were still succeeding while I was living in the same place that I worked. I hate that you pushed me away when you needed me. I hate that you made me change my entire life. I hate-:

"I get it," he whispered weakly, "you don't have to say anymore."

"Don't you dare walk away from me," I growled, making his freeze before he could take another step back. "I'm not finished yet."

Leo bowed his head, his hands clasped tightly around his mask.

"Do you know what made me really hate you?"

He sighed, not daring to lift his head and meet my eyes. I took two large steps so I was standing less than six inches from him.

With a soft voice I said, "I hate that you made me fall in love with you." His body tensed, he looked up, his blue eyes lighting up before me. "I hate that you took my heart when it wasn't yours to take. I hate that you crushed it. I hate that even after all this time I've never been so happy to see you."

A small smile spread across his face. He reached forward to cup my cheeks. "You hate me?"

I nodded my head, tears prickling my eyes.