9

The next day is all kinds of weird.

I didn't want to help the devil but I knew for certain that if he wasn't saved than it wouldn't be just him that would be affected. He was the owner of a multi-billion dollar company that employed thousands of people. If he goes down than we all go down with him.

With that thought in mind I stayed in his office after setting his "hot" cup of coffee on the desk. I've learned to just heat it back up in the microwave twenty minutes after I set it down the first time since he's never that early.

I paced around his office, biting my nails like I used to when I was little and nervous. When I got bored of pacing I sat down on the couch by the window and watched the people like ants from down below. When that got boring I stared at the shelf of gross alcohol and tried to guess what was in that notebook. I knew it was wrong but at least I wasn't fishing it out like I had weeks before.

Luckily Leo came in before the coffee could get too cold. I shot up from the couch when the door opened, smoothing out my skirt in the process and trying to rein in my nerves.

How was I going to approach this?

He didn't even spare me a glance as he walked to his desk, throwing his jacket across the back of one of the arm chairs.

"What do you want Ivory," he asked bored.

At least he got my name right.

"Um," I cleared my throat. "I need to speak to you about something sir."

He sat down in his throne then looked up at me through dark lashes. He clearly wasn't happy about my response.

"Have you planned the trip to Wyoming next week," he asked instead. He busied himself by turning on his IDesk and shuffling papers around.

"Yes," I said confused. "I have everything set for us. But that's not what-"

"I don't have time to talk to you about your personal life Ivory. If you have girl problems than go talk to someone who will understand them." He waved his hand through the air. "Maybe that Kelly girl. She was crying when I walked in. You guys can swap tears and snot."

"She was crying," I asked shocked and worried.

"Yes," he said, nodding his head seriously. "And it was very ugly."

Oh screw his life, I could talk to him about the biggest mistake of his life later.

I rolled my eyes and headed for the door.

"Jerk," I mumbled under my breath.

...

"Kelly I'm so sorry," I said, pulling away from her and holding her at arm's length so I could look her in the eye. "If you need anything let me know okay?"

"Do you know a hit man by chance," she sobbed.

"Oh honey," I cooed, pulling her back into my chest. "Do you know what would be worse than killing your cheating asshole husband? Making him watch as you move on from his sorry ass and find someone better."

"Who could I possibly find at this age," she asked. "I'm forty five Ivory! I have two kids! No one will want me."

"Don't say that Kelly. You're gorgeous for your age! You look no older than thirty five, thirty even. Your hair is like a model's and you're in great shape!"

"Then why has Bill cheated on me for the past month," she sobbed. "Maybe even longer than that."

I brushed my fingers through her hair. "When are you going to tell him you know about the affair?"