Chapter 5 Overeactions

Octavia POV

The song came on and I started my performance, after a few minutes both Raven and Clarke joined me for the group part that I had taught them this morning. Luckily they were both quick learners.

The crowd loved it, I felt a thrill. My friends were at the end of the bar cheering me on.

As I glanced out at the crowds my eyes met Lincoln's for a moment.

I had to look away before I lost focus and fell off the bar.

When we were done we hopped down and quickly started serving drinks.

"Octavia that was awesome! " Harper enthused.

"Yeah, ugh you looked great." Jasper stammered shyly. Monty just grinned.

"Thanks guys.." I started to answer but was cut off by a voice I know only too well.

"Octavia Marie Blake, is this why you've been avoiding me?" My brother asks voice deadly.

"Hi Bellamy." I say meekly turning to face him.

"Hi Bellamy? Hi Bellamy? Really, that's all you've got?"

I can tell he's just getting started.

"Not out here!" I hiss at him dragging him to a back room, not noticing that we are being followed.

We reach the supply room and I turn to face his wrath when my boss walks in.

"Octavia what is going on here?" Clarke asks warily. "Do I need to get Lincoln? " she eyes my brothers back.

"Its none of your business!" Bellamy snaps not turning to look at her.

Clarke straightens up, "It is very much my business if one of my girls is being harassed by a jealous overbearing jack ass!" She exclaims

"That's not what this is about..." Bellamy turns, starting to answer but then trails off as he sees who he's yelling at.

"He's my very overprotective big brother. " I say apologetically to Clarke. "He was caught off guard. I just need 5 minutes with him and then he is going to behave!" I answer firmly giving him the evil Blake eye.

Clarke and Bellamy continue to stare at each other for a moment.

"You have 5 minutes Octavia! " Clarke replies and she flounces out.

Bellamy groans.

"What the hell is the matter with you Bellamy?" I whirl to face him. "That was my boss!"

"That was your boss?" He asks pained.

"Yes! You. Can't. Keep doing this! I am 21 years old. Stop trying to baby me."

"Octavia...I..!"

"No Bell, we will talk about this tomorrow! Now behave yourself or leave! "
I walk out before he can reply.

Bellamy POV

Wow. Octavia's really mad at me.

Ok maybe I overreacted a bit.

Ok a lot.

I shake my head as I realize I had another problem.

Her boss is the blonde I was drooling over earlier.

Way to go Blake. Smooth. Real smooth.

I walk out to the front slowly. Octavia is on the other side of the bar talking to her friends. Her boss Clarke is serving drinks.

I walk up to her slowly.

"May I talk to you for a minute?"

"Kind of busy right now!" She replies shortly.

She was gonna make me work for it. What a princess.

"Look, I apologize for overreacting. Okay? She's my little sister snd sometimes I have a hard time remembering she's an adult." I say raising my hands in mock surrender.

She glances at me for a minute, then nods. "Ok" she gives me a small smile.

I give her one last glance and walk back to my table. I think I'm in enough trouble for tonight.

~~~~

A/N

So Clarke and Bellamy's first meeting didn't go too smoothly. Will he be able to change her opinion of him...?