chapter 26 Roan

Clarke POV

I got back to the bar a little after noon the next day, Raven was already there and to my surprise, so was Nylah. I raised my eyebrow at her but she shook her head minutely and gestured towards the back.

When we walked into my office we both stopped short.

"What the hell happened?" She exclaimed.

"I was gonna ask you?" I looked at Raven, eyes raised.

"No idea, but we should definitely call the cops." She replied looking at the damage.

"What's Nylah doing here?"

"I was babysitting for her last night as a favor to Echo. She never picked her up and Nylah can't reach her by phone. I couldn't leave her alone and I figured Echo is working tonight right?"

I nodded absently and furrowed my brow while simultaneously grabbing my cell.

Bellamy picked up on the second ring.
"Missed me already?" I hear the teasing in his voice.

"Bell we had a break in at the club..."

"Are they still there?" He asks, voice tense.

I stopped short, I hadn't even checked.
"I don't know, we haven't checked" I whispered, voice shaky. Raven looks at me eyes wide.

"I'm gonna call it in and I'm on my way. Get. Out. Wait outside until we come. Ok?"

"Ok." I released the breath I had been holding.

Raven quickly grabs a bat that I keep behind the door and I grab one of two guns I keep here for emergencies and together we creep out front to check on Nylah.

She was surprised to see me holding a gun but grabbed her stuff and followed us outside without question. Almost like danger was second nature I thought absently.

We already heard the sirens when we got outside, that was quick, I thought to myself.

I put the gun in the waist of my pants just as the first squad pulled up.

"You Clarke Griffin?" The first officer asked.

"Yes sir, we had a break in."

"Detective Blake already informed us. Pease wait out here while we make sure the coast is clear."

We stood back as at least four officers entered the club. Bellamy and Miller pulled up moments later.

Bellamy pulled me into a hug, "You ok?" He asked, voice husky. Miller nods hello before moving to speak to Raven.

I nod against him. "Yeah, just a little startled."

~~~~~

It probably took the police a good hour or so to go over everything and finally allow us back into the bar. They took statements from Nylah, Raven and myself.

Bellamy was great, he didn't miss anything taking notes and photos. It was great seeing him working in just wish I wasn't the reason for it. When he was done, he gave me a quick goodbye and made me promise to call him later.

It was really strange, nothing had been taken. It was as if they were looking for something...something that could only be found in my office.

We set about putting things in order having put in a call for Octavia to come in early to help out since we still had no idea where Echo was.

Outwardly, Nylah appeared to be fine, but she had a few little ticks that let us know she was more than a little worried about her sister's wherabouts. She excused herself to go to the bathroom when the door opened and in walked one of the most beautifully sculpted set of muscles known to man. He appeared to be a biker, jeans, black boots, leather jacket and long hair partially braided tied back by a red bandana.

He looked like trouble.

"Sorry, we're not open yet." I started, voice tense, already on edge due to the break in.

"Can you help me?" He asked in a deep gravelly voice that did not leave room for argument all the while giving me a penetrating stare.

It was almost enough to startle me into silence.

Raven walked over, "It depends what you need." Raven returned his stare without fear. "What's your name?"

"Roan...and you are?"

"I'm Raven and this is Clarke. We own the place now what do you need?"

He drops his gaze with a sigh. "I'm looking for someone." He pulls out a photo from his wallet. "Please. I have to find her."

It's a photo of him, Echo and Nylah.

"We haven't seen her." I reply putting the photos down and sliding it back to him from across the bar.

"Roan?"

We all turn to look.

We had forgotten about Nylah.

"Nylah?" He turned around in surprise.

A smile broke out on the girls face as she ran straight into his waiting arms.

Raven and I stood there silently watching their reunion.

When they finally broke apart Roan planted a kiss in her forehead. " I missed you kiddo."

"When did you get back? How did you find us?" Nylah babbled on until I cleared my throat.

"How do you to know each other?" Raven asked with raised eyebrows.

Roan stared back unabashed. "Nylah is family." He stated firmly while not clearly stating their relationship. He turned back to Nylah, "Where is Echo?" He asked urgently.

Her face fell and she shook her head, "I don't know, she's been missing since yesterday..." voice shaking slightly.

"Let's go." He stood up and grabbed her hand looking every bit the part of a man on a mission.

"I'm sorry but we can't let you take her." I stepped in front of him while Raven quickly stood next to Nylah.

"I wasn't aware I needed permission " his eyes glinted dangerously.

"Echo asked me to watch Nylah and she did not mention you at all Roan." Raven answered just as firmly. "I made her a promise and I'm not breaking it for someone we don't know!"

Nylah stepped in before Roan could lose his temper. "I need to stay here. If Echo comes back she'll worry if I'm not here."

He deflated and nodded, then eyed us both. "Thank you for watching her. Here's my number, please have Echo call me when she gets back?" We nodded.

He grabbed Nylah's phone and added his number. "Do I need to worry about this?" He asked her quietly.

"I don't know. She hasn't been gone that long." Nylah replied.

Roan pursed his lips and nodded. "Be careful and call me later. Ok kiddo?"

She nodded and all three of us watched the muscular man strut with purpose out of the bar leaving me with a ton of questions.

What kind of trouble was Echo in and how did Roan fit into it?

~~~~~