Chapter 16 Crying and Kisses

Bellamy POV

Silence descends as Clarke finishes her story. I don't even think she realizes she is still crying.

I put Bella back in her bouncy and wrap my arms around Clarke. She tenses at first, but when she realizes I am not letting her go she relaxes against me. We sit in silence for several minutes while I rub her back before she finally pulls away.

We look at each other carefully before she breaks the silence.
"I have something for Bella." She says and hands me a box.

I unwrap it to find a handmade blanket, hat and booties. Realization hits me and I look at her in disbelief.

"This was the only thing I kept as a reminder of Skye." She explains quickly, "It's time I let go of the past in order to survive." she finishes softly.

I grab her hand, "Clarke, you can get through this, you did survive. We'll both survive." I finish with conviction.

She gives me a searching look, "Bellamy, life should be about more than just survival."

As I stare into her big blue eyes with tears still tangled in her lashes I can't help but feel a spark of hope.

~~~~

Octavia POV

Lincoln and I are sitting on the couch watching a movie.

Well, he's watching a movie while I am worrying about my brother.

"They'll be fine Octavia" Lincoln pulls me closer and whispers to me.

"Am I that obvious? "

He smiles at me, "No. I just pay attention. Trust me babe."

"I can't imagine going thru something like that at her age." I state, thinking of what Lincoln had told me about Clarke. "No wonder this baby thing threw her."

"They'll work it out. Bellamy is the first guy that she has been willing to open up to and it scared her." Lincoln kisses the top of my head. "I don't scare so easily babe.

I pull back just enough to look him in the eye. "I don't either"

He smirks, "I know"

The next thing I know Lincoln is kissing me until my world starts to spin and for the moment Clarke and Bellamy are forgotten.

~~~~

Bellamy POV

When I heard her say those words to me I was at a loss.

Was it possible that I hadn't completely scared her off?

"Clarke? " I manage to choke out.

"Hmm?"

"Does this mean I...I mean we.." I take a deep breath. " Do we still have a shot?"

She gives me a glowing smile. The kind that lights up the night and makes you forget your name.

"That depends."

"On what?"

"On how long its going to take you to kiss me." She smirks at me.

Never let it be said that I couldn't take a hint.