Chapter 14 Misunderstood

Clarke POV

As I stood there listening to his story I could hear the despair in his voice. I wanted to offer him some form of comfort, reassurance, but then he pretty much tells me he knows I need to walk away from him and all I am is pissed.

He doesn't know me at all.

Well of course not Clarke, you haven't told him about your past.

"Clarke? "

I shake myself feeling the anger rise to the surface.

"Do you really think I would walk away just because you have a daughter Bellamy? " I ask him, voice laced with sarcasm.

"Well, I know it's a lot..."

"Just stop! Ok?! Did it ever occur you to ask me what I want? "

"Clarke! I'm..." Bellamy stutters in shock.

"Of course not." I continue, "I thought you were different. I guess I was wrong!"

"I understand" he says softly.

"No, actually you don't and if you keep making choices for people instead of letting them choose, you never will."

"Clarke..."

"Good luck Bellamy. Your mind is already made up and I hope everything works out for you both." I turn and run before he can chase me.

Before I fully realise where I am, I find myself kneeling next to my daughter's grave sobbing.

Bellamy POV

What the hell just happened?

I thought she would be mad because she thought I was hiding my past , but somehow her reaction doesn't quite feel right. I feel like there is something else.

I shake my head groaning in frustration. I don't want her to hate me but right now my daughter has to come first.

After a while I get up and slowly make my way home.

~~~~~

Octavia POV

Bella and I are just getting back from a walk when Bellamy comes walking up to us.

His smile is strained as he strokes his daughter's cheek.

"How'd it go?"

He grimaces, "It could have gone better." He admits ruefully.

"Can I help?"

"You've helped enough watching Bella. I just don't want to talk about it ok?" He sighs.

I watch him take Bella cuddling her close to his cheek thinking my brother is going to be an amazing dad.

***time lapse***

Its been almost two weeks since Bella came into our lives.

Two weeks of watching Bell and Clarke mope around, obviously miserable.

Bellamy has his daughter to distract him, but Clarke is another matter.

She has been an absolute beast at work. She is avoiding me without seeming too. Lincoln told me to stay out of it, that she just needs time. But I don't know how much more any of us can take...

Clarke POV

I've been avoiding conversation with Octavia unless it relates to work. I miss her almost as much as I miss her brother.

I hate myself for being weak.

I leave my apartment in search of caffeine since I've been too lazy to get a new coffee pot, when my phone rings. I glance at the ID. Lincoln.

"Hey Linc."

"Hey Clarke, meet me at the studio ok?"

"I'm not in the mood today" I whine.

"You haven't been in the mood for anything in two weeks. Meet me or I'll hunt you down!"

"Fine" I grumble

"Awesome. See you soon."

He hangs up quickly as I head towards the as studio and the lecture I know is waiting for me.

~~~~

A/N

Sorry this chapter is kind of short but I felt like I needed to break at this point.
Don't worry peeps Bellarke will work it out eventually but Clarke needs some help to open up first.