Chapter Three

After sitting on her bedroom floor for hours, hugging her knees and shaking, Angela eventually got up. She could see the light coming in from the window, the sun was creeping up little by little but the sky still had some darkness in it.

After getting up, she walked gingerly to the bathroom and looked at her appearance in the mirror. The girl, too tired to stare back, had puffy eyes and cheekbones that were more visible than ever before. She skin and hair were dull, her eyes showing no sign of life in them. She didn't even try to move her face or change her expression, she just looked back at her reflection with her mouth fixed shut and her eyes cracked open. What am I going to do? What the hell am I going to do now? She thought to herself.

After every low she had in her life, she thought it would be the worst but bad events had now snowballed out of control over the last few years. Even though she had some very, very low points, she knew this was the worst yet and hoped that it was rock bottom because she had not got the will to dig any lower. Tears slipped down her cheeks but she didn't wipe them away. She was so tired and hungry and sick.

The next two days were like living in the scorching depts of hell for Angela. She cried a lot, attempted to eat many times and lay on her battered and worn couch with a thin blanket covering her. It smelled like her old life, where she had a home and a family, where she had people that cared about her. She missed everyone and everything from that part of her life, she was young and free and could do anything she wanted. Now she was trapped, anxiety getting the better of her and constantly running away from her problems.

Angela ignored the fact that her rent was up today and just lay sitting up on her couch. She was staring up at the off-white and stained ceiling when there was three hard knocks on the front door. She closed her eyes and breathed out. She knew exactly who it would be but she hadn't got the energy to stand up on her wobbly legs and answer the door.

"Open up shortcake." She heard a man call from outside and then more knocks but she didn't care anymore. They could break the door down if they wanted; she had decided last night that she was done with everything.

Just like she knew, the door came crashing down and two of the men from the diner came walking in in expensive suits. It was the blonde one who had said a few things to her and the one with dark brown hair that smacked her before she walked off, she remembered them but was unable to show any emotion on her face.

"What have we got here?" the dark haired man laughed wickedly and looked at Angela. She stared at him blankly but couldn't move. He stepped over the broken bowl from a few days ago that she hadn't bothered to clean up and walked towards her. "Doesn't she talk Mike?" he turned his head and spoke to the blonde man, Mike.

"The boss said she had a lot to say when he turned up here on Wednesday." He said, walking around and examining the room.

"Let's go." He demanded rudely. She just looked at up him. "What the fuck are you looking at little girl? Didn't you hear me? I said let's go!" he began to shout at her and made jumped in fright.

"Hey!" Mike barked at the man and grabbed his arm. "Stop that. We were told to come here, get her and bring her back. That's it Alessandro!" he ordered.

"Fine then." The man, Alessandro, glared at Angela and then backed off a bit.

"C'mon shortcake, it's time to go. Grab your things."

"Where?" she finally spoke, her voice was just above a whisper.

"Never mind." Alessandro but in and then took her by the arm out into the hallway. She tried her best not to stumble under her own feet.

"Be careful." Mike warned Alessandro and looked at the boxes sitting by the door.

"Where are your things?" Mike eyed her with curiosity. She pointed to the three boxes on the ground beside him. Everything she had left on this earth was packed neatly into three small cardboard boxes. She knew it was sad but the reality of this only hit her when she bent down to pick them up, her eyes teared up but she tried to stop herself from crying when Mike placed his hand on her shoulder.

"I'll get those, don't worry shortcake." He said, his voice came across as quite pitiful to Angela but she didn't say anything. "Alessandro, help me out here." Mike appeared to be shorter and less muscular than Alessandro but he was still a few inches taller than Angela.

He grabbed two boxes without any hassle while Alessandro took one and held Angela's arm in a tight grip. She winced at the pain but didn't speak. She only thought about how she willingly went with two strange and unknown men to meet another strange and unknown man who was even scarier than the two put together. She was beyond trying anymore though, her hope was gone and this made her break just a little bit more on the inside as she stared out the window of the big black jeep she was currently in.

The two men were in the front, talking in what she thought sounded like Italian now. Who the hell where all of these people and what do they want with me? She thought to herself. Hopelessness wasn't the only thing she felt right now, she felt genuinely sad, she never pictured herself being where she was right now a few years ago. Angela was going places; she was going to New York to live her dream but now everything was ruined. She also felt terrified and frightened because although Mike was a little nicer to her than Alessandro, he still had this scariness about him, this dangerous look on his face and Alessandro? He had a glint in his eye, this evil look about him just like Adrianno.

She shivered at the thought of him, Mike was no comparison to Adrianno. She didn't look forward to seeing him again. The thoughts of what all this men might do to her made her want to jump out of the car right now. Why hadn't she at least put up a fight when Mike and Allesandro turned up at her apartment? Oh god what had she gotten herself into? She needed to go; she was panicking now and tried to calm herself and steady her breathing before they noticed her anxiety attack kicking in.

Her mind was racing, her palms sweaty and her heartbeat was so fast and loud, she could hear it even over the two men's loud but serious chatter in the front. She was shaking and felt the urge to throw up. She had kept it down for the first three hours of the journey but she just couldn't now. She tugged at the locked door handle and tried to open it. Allesandro, who was in the passenger seat quickly took out his gun and pointed it at Angela. She had my mouth closed and held up her hands, her eyes wide with shock. She shook her head and pointed to her mouth making noises.

"She's trying to tell us something, put that god damn thing away." Mike shoved him and pulled over. "She's going to throw up, quickly, unlock the car." He demanded and Alessandro did so. She heard the clicking noise the door made and opened it immediately. She didn't even think about being embarrassed as she spewed her guts up on the side of the road. Both men hopped out of the car and around to the side she was on.

Angela gripped her stomach and put one hand resting on the car so as to not fall over. She felt light-headed and when she was done she looked down at the spinning, snow covered ground beneath her. Her vision blurred and she got a ringing noise in her eyes.

"Ew." She heard Alessandro complain but his voice was muffled. She couldn't look up, it would make her feel even sicker.

"Hey, are you okay?" Mike lifted her head up, showing a concerned face but it was hard to see. That was all she could remember before her eyes began to roll back and all she could see was darkness.

She woke up in a cold sweat, looking up at an unfamiliar ceiling. It was like the moment you woke up and were in half panic, half confusion as to where you were, what you had done and who you actually were but usually, that would go away from a second or two. For Angela, it didn't. She was confused as ever and scared even though as she looked around the room she knew she was in someone else's home and not some abandoned warehouse where the men could've killed her.

The room was painted a duck-egg blue which white coving. The furniture looked expensive and sleek. There were greys and blues all around the room. It looked nice but not nice enough to comfort Angela from her fears. She looked down at her clothes and then realised she was lying on a sofa in a living room. She looked at the couch to the right on her and froze.

Familiar dark eyes glared at her. Fear shot through her again and her felt flutters of panic in her stomach again. She couldn't run anymore, there was nowhere to go. She looked around the open planned room again, moving her eyes but not her head. It was just him and her now, she had no choice but to sit there and look right back at this scary man in front of her. His expression was completely blank and all she could do was wait for what awful things were about to happen next.