Chapter Thirty-Eight

"Good morning." She croaked out beside Adriano. Angela turned on her side to look at him and grinned. He noticed how her eyes were not yet open fully and how her hair was messed up. He chuckled warmly and put his hand on the back of her neck before kissing her gently on the lips.

"You're beautiful you know that?" he asked, not being able to hide the joy he felt from just the sight of her next to him. She moved closer and snuggled up to him as he put his arm around her shoulder. He took in her warmth and nuzzled her neck.

"Oh shut up." She sounded embarrassed by his comment but said nothing else.

"You are. I don't say it enough."

Angela gave Adriano no reply; the two just lay in a comfortable silence for a couple of minutes enjoying the feel of the closeness. She ran her hand up and down his arm as he stared at her, drinking in every like little detail of her of.

"Maybe we should get up now." Angela spoke but she didn't sound like she wanted to.

"Or maybe not." His voice was laced with lust. She giggled and turned her head to look at him.

He kissed her urgently and moved her so she was straddling him.

"I completely agree with you..."

******
"Hey Mike." Angela said in a chirpy tone, she was pleasantly surprised by his call. Adriano's head shot up to look at her at the mention of his brother's name.

"Hey shortcake, you busy today?"

"Um.." She looked over at Adriano who was chopping up vegetables and preparing food. "Adriano's making me lunch right now but afterward I'm free. Why?"

"I just thought you might be able to help me. I need to pick out something to wear and I want your opinion."

"Aw of course Mike."she burst into laughter. "You're like a teenager girl. Where are you going?" There was a pause on the phone before Mike spoke awkwardly.

"A date..."

"Really? That's great. You can tell me all about it when I seen you."
They both decided an a time and a couple of minutes later Angela said her goodbyes and hung up the phone.

"Mike huh?" Adriano asked.

"Yeah, he wants me to go over to his apartment at about two to help him pick out clothes."

"Angela-" Adriano warned but Mike had already told her they had to be careful when going out. He told her it was dangerous at a time like this but didn't explain what he meant by that, but Mike also said that he promised to keep her safe while they were out, both Adriano and Mike had extra guards.

"I know, I know. Mike already told me we had to be careful." she let out a deep breath and walked towards him, he still looked concerned. Angela put her hand on his arm as he stopped what he was doing and looked down at her. "What's going on at work?"

"Just stuff..."

"Adriano please don't do this again." there was a long pause while Adriano was thinking and contemplating before he finally made up his made up his mind.

"After everyone found out Alesandro was a rat, we made a mistake."

"What kind of mistake?" Angela gulped, knowing this was serious by the tone of his voice.

"We let him get away. We don't know what Adamo is planning but we know it's something. My father won't listen to us all though..." he trailed off. Angela didn't like seeing him this way, stressed and with a lot of things on his mind- she could see it written all over his face. She reached and wrapped her arms around him in a hug which he copied. Angela ran her hands up and down his back, an attempt to sooth him but she knew it probably wouldn't help. She felt guilty, it was her fault after all that they didn't find out who Alessandro really was until a while ago.