Chapter Thirty-Three

"Adriano we need to talk again." Lucio demanded. Mike and Franco gave each other a knowing look but said nothing as Adriano sighed in annoyance and walked into his father's office where they would have some privacy.

"What?" Adriano asked in a steely tone. The last thing he wanted right now was to have another conversation with his father about Angela and how she needed to be gotten rid of.

"I think you know already figlio."

"If this is going to be another talk about Angela again I'm going. It's none of your god damn business –"

"Please Romeo, I have no time to talk about that woman right now. She can be dealt with another day. My concern is what's going on here, within the familia."

"What?" Adriano asked, not understanding his father's words.

"You obviously haven't noticed because you've got your head in the clouds half the time but I thought you might have the intelligence to maybe realise what's happening."

"I don't understand."

"Someone is squealing on us, that's fucking what." His father slammed both his hands on his desk and leaned forward a little, looking up at Adriano now with a frustrated expression on his face. Adriano had been too busy to realise this and his father was growing angrier by the minute at how much daydreaming his son had done instead of using his head. Adriano gulped loudly, not knowing what to say but understanding there was going to be trouble and a hell of a lot of trouble if his father had his way.

*******

"I'll be right down there okay?" Adriano reassured Angela, putting a hand on her shoulder as she sat down at a table for two in the small and quiet coffee shop. Despite his words, Angela still felt a little uneasy. She knew the chances of seeing Derek again were slim and with Adriano here she had nothing to worry about or at least that was what he told her.

"I know you will, it's just that well-"

"Angela you're safe with me, I won't let anything happen to you." Adriano looked straight into those grey eyes he loved when he spoke. It was the first time she had left the house since she told him about Derek. He knew she needed time to overcome her anxiety. Adriano understood now why she had flipped out at him that night outside the diner but she couldn't lock herself away in his apartment any longer, she needed to go out.

After he found out about her friend Trisha and linked her up to what Mike had told him, he knew she should get back into contact with her. Considering Angela already had her number, it was easy enough to get it from Mike. Going out to meet up with Trish was one thing that Angela had seemed less hesitant about, something she wanted to do herself, but was still a little cautious about the whole thing.

That was what had led them to be there in that quaint coffee shop Trisha had suggested, saying it was her current favourite. Angela had agreed to go but only if Adriano and his guards would come along and sit somewhere else in case anything happened. Through all of this Adriano continued to be so sweet, kind and understanding of the whole thing, it made Angela's heart melt. She wished she could be like him and loved this side of him when it came out.

"You need to do this. Having a friend in New York, especially one like Trisha, will be good for you. I know you'll be alright, you're such a strong girl. So enjoy you coffee and catch up, I know it's hard but please try to relax, I'm just down there." He pointed to the end of the coffee shop and then kissed her on the cheek before heading off in the direction of his seat.

Just then, Angela heard the noise of the bell dinging over the door and turned her head to find Trisha smiling brightly at her. She was dressed in a yellow blouse and denim jeans, a lot less dressy compared to what Angela had saw her in a couple of week ago but it still looked amazing on her. She was also wearing a coat, something definitely needed. Although the weather was warming up in New York now in early March, it was still cold.