Chapter Forty-Seven

Over half a million views!? That you all so much for reading, I hope you like this chapter. Please comment and let me know what you think of the story so far? I always reading your feedback and opinions😀😄. Thanks,
Autumn xo

*******

The silk fabric clung gently to her body. The dress had a deep plunge in the front and back. This, along with the soft mermaid style of the skirt, left very little to the imagination. Alessandro was drinking in her figure, every little thing about her while she looked ahead and out the windscreen. The driver neared the venue and stopped.

Alessandro hurried around to Angela's side to open the car door for her. He took her hand and helped her stand up. Angela wanted to smack his hands away from her, she wanted to run and never look back but she knew her thoughts weren't an option at this moment. All she done was hold her fur coat closer to her body, needing the heat before they walked inside together.

They met Adamo, his wife and the rest of the family in the lobby. Luisa was one person Angela had expected to see in the few days she had spend at the DeLuca mansion but it was only now that she had actually been in the woman's presence. Angela could tell she was purposefully ignoring her existence, which was something she was happy with.

Throughout the first hour or so, they all sat down to dinner. Angela was never allowed to leave Alessandro's side. When they would walk anywhere she refrained from looking up, afraid she would see familiar faces. She wondered was Maria and the children here? She didn't want to bump into Adriano's mother- she feared she may be questioned and questions were something she did not need while trying to act like everything was perfect.

Alessandro had thought by now he had frightened Angela into a state where she would definitely not disobey him. He trusted that his threat against her family was one she took seriously considering the look on her face when the words had left his mouth. She would learn to behave, he would make her.

The venue was different to last year's one. The room seemed to be slightly smaller but that did not mean there weren't tonnes of people crowding the place like the last time. Everyone was well dressed, in gowns and tuxes. The marble floors were polished to perfection, everything was pristine. There was a staircase curling around in the middle of the room which had metalwork that could draw anyone's eye. Everything was truly beautiful, Angela thought.

Adriano had tried to catch Angela's eye a couple of times since he noticed her arrival but it was no use. He was watching her the entire time, since she set foot into the lobby, but kept his distance. He was still figuring a lot of things out and trying to calm himself down at the sight of Alessandro with his hands all over her.

He had doubted his trust just a little bit in Angela because of Adamo's words but looking at her now, being so near, he knew they were lies. He should have always known, but after witnessing how quickly people could turn on you, Adriano had to keep his head sharp. No one could be underestimated.

Angela would smile but it would never reach her eyes. She would try to return gestures and looks Alessandro had given her but she just seemed to feel uncomfortable in a subtle way that would go unnoticed if one did not know much about Angela. Alessandro would place his lips on her forehead, or whisper in her ear, even peck her on the cheek at times but she would inwardly try to hide her flinch and disgust.

Adriano knew Adamo was lying, he should never have doubted that for a second but for what reason? Recently, Adriano needed to come across like the defeated and jealous child. He needed to look disgusted at the DeLuca's presence and argue with his father about them in front of other people- to trick everyone into thinking things were like they always had been. But everything was far from normal. There was a storm raging- in the ballroom and within Adriano himself. Revenge, until a couple of weeks ago, was something out of Adriano's reach. But after discovering his father's plans, he knew vengeance was something only a grasp away. Tonight. Everything was going to end tonight.