Chapter Thirty

This story is so near 95k reads and that is so unbelievable! I love all you guys that have read,voted and commented <3 Please check out my other books on my profile too! This chapter was another hard chapter to write but I hope you like it,

A. Summers xo

**************

"No! Stop! HELP!" Angela shouted, waking Adriano up instantly.

"Angela, wake up. Angie." Adriano shook her but she didn't wake up yet. He put his hands on either side of her shoulders and shook her again, a lot rougher this time. "Wake the hell up!" he shouted, starting to panic now. She had broken out in a cold sweat and was panting for breath but her eyes were still closed until she screamed and woke herself up.

Adriano saw how her eyes had glazed over in complete horror. She was terrified for a couple of seconds until she found her bearings and realised where she was. Angela quickly scanned around the room with her eyes. They finally caught with Adriano's dark ones and she breathed out a small sigh of relief.

His hands were gripped on her shoulders as he leaned over her, his face only showing shock. He was wondering what was going on with her lately. Angela had been having a lot of nightmares over the past few nights which all resulted in Angela screaming for help and Adriano having to wake her up. He really did hate seeing her curl up into a defenceless ball before his eyes, her voice squeaky, and her body shaking. She was completely terrified and he wondered why and what was causing all of this.

"It was just another nightmare." She breathed in deeply again, trying to catch her breath. Her voice was weak and had come out just above a whisper.

"Tell me what happened." Adriano said after a few minutes, moving around in bed so he was lying beside her again. She didn't even attempt to move closer to him, not even Adriano could make her feel better right now.

"I can't really remember." She lied. She had turned on her back now to look straight up at the ceiling. All Angela could see was Derek, his hands wrapped around her neck. He was shaking her, shouting and was angry. She had to stop thinking about it but she just couldn't. It had been burned into her brain. Her eyes were like saucers, wide open, but she couldn't see the white ceiling above her, only her memories and visions of Derek. It had been weeks since Angela's last night mare about Derek but then a few days ago they had begun again.

Angela hadn't told Adriano what the dreams were about and she didn't plan on telling him either. Although she could see that he was clearly getting worried about her, she just couldn't bring herself to explaining everything to Adriano; she didn't want to have to think about it more than usual.

"Hey." He whispered to her, she didn't move until he put his hand on her shoulder. Angela turned her head to look at him and it killed her to see those dark eyes filled with concern but she couldn't do it. She couldn't tell him about her past or Derek.

"Hmm?" she asked, still a little shaky.

"Come here." He spoke softly to her, pulling her gingerly into his arms so her back was flush against his chest. "You can tell me if something's bothering right?" he asked. She was unable to speak, knowing that only lies would come out of her mouth so she nodded instead.

Angela turned around in his arms now and held onto him. He noticed how tight of a grip she had on him and how tense she felt so he reached out and stroked her hair for a little while.

"I know." She finally replied minutes later. It took her a while to fall asleep again but Adriano stayed up the whole night, wondering what the hell had gotten into Angela lately.

It would take a lot of convincing Angela to tell him what was wrong. Adriano poured his morning coffee and Angela whizzed around him making breakfast for the two of them. She had completely cut off any conversation that related back to her nightmares from last night or any other night for that matter and was beginning to get tired of Adriano trying to get some information out of her.