Chapter Twenty-Seven

Just wanted to thank everyone for reading/voting/ commenting again. I'm so grateful and I can't believe this book hit over 40k reads and almost 2k votes!? It's amazing. I know this chapter might seem a bit boring and a filler chapter but I wanted to show you how Angela and Adriano are getting on around each other now, hope you enjoy:)

A. Summers xo

*******

Angela got all of her senses back one by one the next morning. First, she could hear his steady breathing beside her, next she could feel his arms wrapped around her. Angela felt Adriano's chest rising and falling against her back. The smell of him lingered on her skin and she loved it. She opened her eyes and turned around in his arms to see his face.

Angela spent some time examining his face that was void of any emotion but could sense the slight happiness creeping in through his parted mouth. Her eyes fell over his scar on his cheek and the darker shadow of stubble that she knew wouldn't be there for long, he was always clean shaven. Her gaze had dropped to the rest of his body now, how his tattoos glided over his shoulders and torso, over his large and toned upper arms. She wanted to reach out and trace her fingers over them but stopped herself as soon as he stirred again and began to mumble something in his half asleep state.

Adriano then stopped and cracked open his eyes slightly. The sight of her made a wide grin fall upon his face, one he just couldn't shake off.

"Good morning." His eyes didn't leave her and his grin only widened as she blushed slightly, knowing he had caught her looking at him while he was asleep. Angela smiled lightly at him despite her burning cheeks but still couldn't find words to speak as he took one hand from around her and begins to trace it over her shoulder. Her breath hitched in her throat at his touch and all the memories that came flooding back to her from the night before. "Don't get shy on me now, Angie." His laugh rumbles through his chest and she could feel it on hers too. He dipped his head down close to her face now, leaving soft kisses on her shoulder where his hand had just been. They soon travelled to her neck, one of his hands tangling in her hair. He kissed her sensitive spot and she tried to hold in a moan.

"Morning." She smiled weakly now at him, a bit breathless. He laughed again and kissed the corner of her mouth.

"I knew I'd get you to talk sometime." Adriano stated cockily. She thought he looked perfect. He was now hovering over her in bed. He leaned his arms on either side of her body and looked down at her face.

"I'm not shy." She pushed him away playfully and he rolled onto his side again. She found herself staring at him, his eyes locking onto hers easily for a couple of moments. "Are you working today?" she asked, wondering what she would have in store for herself today. Would he be here all day? She hoped so.

"Trying to get rid of me already are you?" he teased.

"I wasn't expecting you to be here actually." She let her thoughts slip out aloud, breaking their eye contact and focusing on his tattooed shoulder now.

"Come here." He spoke gently to her, his expression softening. Once Angela scooted over to him, he took her close. "I'm sorry about last time." He said close to her ear. His closeness sent a shiver up her spine.

"It's okay." She managed to let words escape her lips eventually.

"No. It's not. The things I said yesterday are true. I want to protect you. I don't want you to be sucked into my life and if that means I can't have a normal relationship with you then it's a sacrifice I have to make. But I need you, I want you, I care about you and I hope that's enough right now." He was putting his feelings out in the open which was something that occurred rarely with Adriano, he didn't know where all of this courage and honesty was coming from but he knew he meant every word of it. She deserved to know how he felt so that she wasn't left guessing.