Chapter Seven

Angela woke up when she heard a loud thud outside her room. She was scared and panicked and the first thing she thought was: was it him? It can't be, please don't be him. When she crept outside and stuck her head around the corner to see who was in the living room, she was surprised to find it empty. The front door was shut and she made her way very carefully over to it to look outside.

Just then, she heard a loud groan and she jumped at the sight of Adrianno lying flat on the floor, his face in the carpet, just between the sofa and the front door. She knew he couldn't be dead, but she was afraid in case something else had happened to him.

She cautiously huddled down on the floor beside him and tipped his shoulder.

"Adrianno are you alright?" she was worried, what would she do if he was hurt or something? She didn't know anyone's number to look for help from and she was sure he wouldn't appreciate it if she called emergency services.

"Mmm." She saw his head nod slightly into the carpet.

"Can I turn you over?" she didn't want to touch him unless he gave permission, he might freak out if she did otherwise.

"Angela." His words were slurred. She took that as a yes and with great force, turned him so he was looking up at the ceiling.

"Are you okay?" she hit his chest gently to try and keep him awake.

"Out with Mike. Too much to drink." He slurred and that was all she could make out of what he said. He didn't attempt to get up. He was drunk. And there she had thought there was something seriously wrong with him. She sighed in relief and then leaned over him again.

"You have to stay awake, c'mon. Let's get you to bed." He shook his head quickly and didn't move from his spot, like a child getting told to do something he hated.

"I wana stay right here." He looked at her with his almost black eyes; she took this time to really look at his face. His long eyelashes and thick, dark brows stood out. His usually clean shaven face was sprinkled with dark stubble now and her eyes were then drawn to the long scar going down his cheek. He just watched her carefully with his eyes, not saying a word. The apartment was quiet for some time, with the two looking intently at each other.

"You can't stay out here all night, you'll hurt your back." she said thoughtfully and stood up, holding out her hand to him. He mumbled drunkenly as he tried to get up but fell. She jumped to hold steady him and he stood up again. "Okay?" she asked, once his hand was around her shoulder to help him walk. He was crouched because of the height difference. They had made it to the hall, which usually took less than five seconds but took them almost five minutes.

He was a very heavy weight to take, she was afraid if he fell, his tall and built frame would crush her but he had tried his best not to. He leaned against the wall nearest her quickly and breathed deep breaths, she was awkwardly underneath him and tried to get out before he squished her to the wall.

"Hey, let's go to bed Adrianno."

"Feel sick." He muttered.

"You'll feel better in the morning. Let's go, it's only a few more steps." She tugged at his hand, he held one on the wall for support now.

"Angela." He wouldn't move.

"Adrianno, you need to go to bed." She almost whined, the sooner she got him to his bedroom the better.

"No, Angela. You listen." He replied. She turned to him and tugged his hand she was holding again. She looked down at the close contact but figured he was drunk, he wouldn't remember. Her tiny hand was holding onto his.