Chapter Thirty-Seven

All The Luck In The World- Settle

Thanks again for reading/voting/commenting, it really does mean a lot to me. I hope you like this chapter :)  Let me know what you think,

A. Summers xo

**********

"Adriano let me get past, I want to go." She tried to step left to right and get past him but he wouldn't move.

"You can't leave." He was freaking out on the inside, although some of it was coming through on the outside. What was he going to do? He couldn't let her go, not with everything that was happening with Alessandro, Adamo and their threats against her.

"Why the hell not?"

"It's- It's not safe out there, not with everything going on with work." He thought she may stop now but his words had only made her become even more frustrated with his behaviour. One day she was nothing but a mere no strings relationship and the next she was something he needed to keep safe.

"I wouldn't know about any of that because you won't tell me. You won't talk to me."

"Please, just let me explain-"

"I don't want an explanation anymore, I want to go. Maybe an explanation would've fixed what already happened before you broke the news to me that I was only someone you could use in a- what did you call it?- 'physical' way."

"Angie I know I shouldn't of said that, I'm sorry okay? I didn't mean it." But she shook her head at his words.

"Why do you care if I stay or go? You shouldn't. Not after the way you've been acting."

"I was angry, I regret all of it. You have to stay, I can't let you go out there. You'd be putting yourself and your friend in danger by just leaving without any guards. You promised you'd stay."

She had remembered the night Adriano had revealed his secret about the Mafia. He had looked so vulnerable, so small and weak after opening up to her. Then, she wouldn't have thought about leaving but things had changed and although she wasn't too sure about leaving either, Adriano shouldn't have brought up what she had promised. It was under different circumstances and he couldn't use that against her. Angela put her box down on the floor next to her and stared up at him. She took a few deep breaths before speaking again.

"That's unfair of you to say that Adriano. I made that promise because you needed me, you even said so yourself. You said you cared about me and wanted me to stay. But I'm not needed anymore, because you can fulfil your physical desires with anyone, it doesn't have to be me." Tears began to form in her eyes again and she really wanted to hold them in this time. Even after everything she wanted to say was said, she felt terrible because all she wanted to do was fix things with Adriano.

"Please, don't cry." He said quietly, bringing both hands to either side of her face and brushing away her tears with his thumb. "I can make it up to you I promise, just forgive me." He brought her close to him and comforted her until she had stopped crying.

They sat down on the couch then, Angela avoiding his stare while he tried to get the words out. She focused her eyes on his shoulder instead of his face. She knew that forgiving him was going to be easier than she was making it out to be, because she liked him, she really liked him. And she had found out she would continue to like him no matter what.

"I was angry the other day- when I said those things."

"You were angry at me?" Angela asked in confusion.

"No-No, not you just... everyone else. My dad's been saying a lot of things to me about us and I guess I believed him. I was angry at everything Angie, except for you. My life's a mess right now and you're one of the only things I know I want. I'm afraid."