Chapter Eighteen

It was later that night, that Angela found out Adrianno was going to be okay. She was standing by Mike's bed where Adrianno was carried to, and the family's doctor had explained he was going to be fine, he had been through worse.

After Angela had gotten no response from Adrianno, she quickly grabbed his phone from the floor before it locked again. She thought of the only people she could call for help, it had to be Franco or Mike, she chose Mike. He had come with others to get Adrianno and brought the pair of them to his apartment, where the doctor was waiting.

"If you didn't call for help and just left him there, he may have bled to death." The doctor spoke up, making Angela choke up.

"It's going to be alright Angela." Mike said quietly, bringing her into a hug. She had been crying for a while but wiped her tears away once Mike had spoken. She just nodded, her eyes red and swollen. "He'll be awake soon and then you can talk to him. Okay?" he added, letting her go.

"Yeah, okay." She tried to smile at Mike, but he knew it was forced. Angela sat in the room for a while on her own, Mike and the other men had gone outside to the living room to talk. She knew Mike was keeping something from her and she was afraid of what that was. Adrianno getting stabbed was serious, and her mind began racing as she wondered who the hell would do something like that. But then she had remembered the night Adrianno came to her house with a gun, she knew he was dangerous and only realised now that he must have some enemies who were pretty dangerous too.

Angela felt a little stuffy in the bedroom, and so went outside to ask Mike could she go downstairs for a bit of air. He was a little preoccupied with the discussion he was in and so quickly nodded, letting her leave on her own. It was dark and freezing outside but she took in a deep breath and let the cold air caress her cheek.

Angela leaned her back against the wall at the side of Mike's building, putting her head back and closing her eyes. She needed to relax, her tears had stopped but her thoughts hadn't. There was a lot going on in her head at that moment and she needed to clear it. The quietness around calmed her until she heard footsteps coming towards her and quickly opened her eyes. Angela thought it could be someone passing by so she began walking towards the front door of the building when someone pushed her to the wall.

He grabbed her by the shirt and dragged her around to the side of the building again, the two in complete darkness now. Angela had her eyes wide open but was unable to see in dark. He picked her up by the collar, still not speaking a word. She squirmed and pointed her feet to stand on the ground again but he had her high up.

"Let me go." She screamed and he did so but put a hand forcefully over mouth, bashing her head against the brick wall behind her. The fear and panic that formed within her was beginning to make her shake again, along with the pain and shock of what was happening. Angela hoped, she prayed to God that it wasn't him, she hoped he hadn't found her and here he was, ready to take her home. Tears welled in her eyes and she felt as if she wanted to throw up. But the man finally spoke.

"Keep your mouth shut." He grumbled and her panic had subsided slightly, it certainly didn't sound like him but maybe he was the least of her problems right now. There may have been other men out there that were worse than him, just like this one right in front of her. What would he do to her? Would anyone stop him? What was he planning? And who even was he? "Are you scared Angela?" he whispered in her ear.

"Leave me alone." She shoved at him hard and pushed him, hitting and scratching and going whatever it took to get him off of her but it didn't work. His grip on her arm and around her mouth tightened.

"Because you should be." He laughed menacingly at her trying to scramble from his grip but it only tightened when they both heard a voice from a few feet away.