Devil In Red Part 2 | Charles Leclerc

Authors Note: Done in Charles POV.

Part 2 of 2, final. 
--------------------------------------------

One Year Later

"Charles? Charles?"

"You're on in two!"

I snapped out of my trance, straightening my shirt and clearing my throat. "Yes, right. I'm ready."

I walked onto the set, sitting in the couch across from Jimmy Fallon. It was surreal to be here. The crowd cheered, some even screaming my name. 

"We're here with Ferrari Formula One driver, Charles Leclerc. Welcome Charles, it's an honor to have you on our show."

"The honor is all mine Jimmy. Thanks for having me, I'm a huge fan."

"Now you've just won your first World Championship, the 2025 Championship. How are you feeling?"

"Sounds cliche, but I feel like I'm on top of the world. It's a surreal feeling to watch my dream come true with the team I always wanted to drive with."

"You've won the WDC with a few races still left in the season, that's impressive. What now?"

"Well, it's not time to give up or take it easy. I am still determined to push myself and still fight for podiums and wins. My goal is to also help my teammate Carlos come in second, he deserves it."

"Is there anything different about this year versus last year when you were fighting for the title?"

"Well aside from my team, my friends and my family...there is one special person I couldn't have done it without. Without them I wouldn't have pushed myself the way I did. They never gave up on me, despite me being a complete asshole to them in the beginning."

*crowd aw's*

".....oops am I allowed to say asshole on American TV?"

"OUUU I smell a relationship! Is THE Charles Leclerc no longer single?"

"Well Jimmy, I can happily say I haven't been single for a whole year...actually as of today."

"Cue thousands of hearts breaking across the globe. Fans are dying to know though, with your contract expiring at the end of next season...would you ever consider a team different than Ferrari?"

"You know. There were lots of moments where I questioned myself for staying with Ferrari for nearly five years. But I had faith in myself, in my team. I put my trust in them, and yes we had some tough times...dark times even, but in the end Ferrari delivered on their promises. It's been my dream since I was a child, it was my god father's dream and it will continue to be my dream as I push for years ahead."

"That's beautiful Charles. Ferrari has been a historical team for decades and we hope to see you continue to succeed with them."

"I hope the same. I'd like to thank each and every fan out there. Whether you watch from home, or from the grandstands, form the bottom of my heart thank you. None of this would be possible without you all either." 

*huge crowd applause* 

"Well that's all we have time for today. Charles, thank you for coming on today. I'll be rooting for you and hope to see you snag many more championships in the future. Forza Ferrari!"