Twenty-Four.

Once I got into the building I was approached by my teacher, "excuse me, Melissa?" I removed the headphones from my ears and rudely responded with "what?" spitting my words out, bad idea. "Excuse me?" He spoke in disbelief, "I said what." I admit I had an attitude but I had a reason. "Get in my office now." I paused before speaking back, "ooh, what you gonna do? spank me and send me to bed?" He called the school councilor to come and give me a lecture, ugh. He explained how what I said was inappropriate and asked why I said it, "listen, I got forced into coming to school today. My best friend is-" I paused and broke down into tears, it hurt calling him best friend. I was basically in the friend zone with him. He was my everything but I felt like he didn't love me back. I told everyone he was my friend and best friend but I wanted more, "it's okay, please go on Melissa." Liam (the councilor) spoke, I thought to myself; he didn't care, he just wanted an answer.. "He's in a coma, Liam. He's in a coma, and he's my everything. I can't lose him." Ouch, that hurt to say.

Liam spoke to my teacher and agreed to let me out of school until he got better but I had to stay for today to catch up and he gave me some revision booklets, "do them as you please Melissa" he reassured me, making me feel comfortable. It was break and I went to hang out with the boys, as I walked over I overheard something I wish I didn't. "She's beautiful, but Beau has claimed her Luke, have some respect." James argued back at Luke, knitting my eyebrows together, Daniel chipped in, "James is right, you should just stay friends." I could hear Luke sob but continued to listen. "She is my everything and she doesn't love me back. I don't know what to do." I felt so bad for Luke, he was such a good friend but I didn't see him like that. "Luke, you're an amazing brother and if any girl doesn't see you like that then they're not worth your tears." "Jai, thanks but beau has claimed her. There's no chance.." Luke sighed, it hurt to listen so I walked away holding my heart from shattering into a million pieces.

Surprisingly, the day went by pretty quick and I finally got back home, I called Jai and James and asked them to come over since Luke was with Daniel. They agreed to the idea and came over straight away. Even though I looked a mess and I didn't really know them I didn't care, I missed beau, I felt bad for Luke and I wanted to get to know the other boys. I heard a knock at the door and I let them in, my mum wasn't in for another few hours so.. "Hey, sorry I look like crap" I spoke apologetically. They looked at each other before coming in, "you look fine, I understand you're going through a hard time right now anyway." James pulled me into a hug and I must admit, it was the best hug ever. Jai stared at me for a while before I asked him what was wrong, "is that beaus jumper?" I laughed and nodded, me, Jai and James made our way to the sitting room, "would you like a drink, or some food?" They both shook their head and there was a long, deafening silence. Jai decided to break it with a question. "So, Melissa? Have you ever considered dating Luke?" My face went red with embarrassment and it was difficult to get my words out. "Uh-I've never considered it but that doesn't mean it would never happen." But I loved beau. Jai and James smirked at each other and traced their eyes back at me. With four gorgeous eyes staring into me it was hard to concentrate. "Err-yes?" Awkwardly, I questioned, "nothing." Jai smiled.