Extra Scene #2 (Picnic and Kiwis)

One day Alexander decided he wanted to take me somewhere, so he picked me up and I cheerfully got in the car. It was beautiful outside so I was really looking forward to wherever we were going. It wasn't long before I realized we were going to our lake, which had me smiling like you would never believe. It was crazy how much this kid meant to me.

He tossed me a good size blanket and got a small basket from the back seat. He closed the door and laughed the moment my eyes looked down.

“What are we doing today?” I asked, as he stared at me and smiled.

“I'm taking you on a picnic!”

“A picnic?” I giggled, as he nodded and gently took my hand. “Really?”

“Yeah.”

“No way,” I said, not believing him at first.

“Why the heck do you think I have this basket then? Do you think I'm carrying it for my health?” he asked, as I shoved my shoulder against his.

“Well I am sorry but I didn't know you would really go all out of your way to do something like this,” I quietly admitted, as we slowly walked through the path in the woods.

“I would go out of my way to do anything for you,” he told me, making my stomach drop.

“That's sweet,” I smiled, looking up to catch him grinning.

“Like kiwis?” he asked, as I got confused as ever.

“Um, what?”

He rolled his eyes, leaning down to softly kiss my cheek. “You said I'm sweet, and I said, 'like kiwis?”

“I still don't really get it,” I said, as it immediately came to my head. “Oh!”

“Yeah,” he quietly laughed.

“But I wouldn't know...”

“Because,” he urged, widening his eyes as we slowed our pace.

“Well, because I've never had them before,” I said, my voice trailing off.

“Correct!”

“Oh my god,” I exclaimed, admiring the huge smile he had on his face. “Did you?”

“Yes I did,” he answered, as I laughed and began to jump up and down, almost dropping the blanket he had me carry.

“Seriously?” I asked, sighing dramatically.

“Yeah, Rosie. I'm serious.”

“I can't believe this!”

“Well didn't I tell you one of these days I would make you try it?”

“Yeah you did,” I quietly spoke.

“Well today is the day,” he shrugged, tightening his hand around mine.

“But I thought we need honey,” I frowned, as he gestured to the basket in his other hand.

“We do. That's why I have a jar of honey in here,” he proudly stated.

“You see, this is why I'm in love with you,” I smiled, dropping the blanket once we reached the big open space with all of the beautiful smelling flowers everywhere we looked.

“Because I'm so romantic, right?”

“You have a big head,” I laughed, spreading out the blanket on a patch of white flowers.