Chapter 1

Hazel

As soon as my bodyguard Curt opened the backseat door for me to get out the truck, I ain't see nothing but camera flashes. This morning I got an interview with The Breakfast Club and I was already anticipating Angela's snide comments about me and August. I put on my shades as I stepped out the truck and headed into the Power 105.1 building, ignoring the paparazzi on the way in. The cool air hit me once I entered the doors and so did the sound of August's song "Hip Hop". My eyes rolled unwillingly and I continued walking down the hallway to the studio.

"Aye girl how you been?" I took off my shades and saw Charlamagne walking towards the studio door that I was about to go into.

"Hey Charlamagne, I been good. I been good." I said walking in about to take a seat as he held the door open for me.

"Alright that was the new single from August Alsina, "Hip Hop". Speaking of August Alsina we have Hazel in the studio right now. Hazel how you doin'?" Envy asked while I was still putting on the headphones.

"Damn headphones" I laughed finally gettin' em' on, "I'm good you know just workin', doin' me."

"Still no August?" He asked and I shook my head triggering Angela's laugh.

"Like wha-what really happened between y'all? Cause he came two weeks ago and when I said something about it he was like "shit got crazy". So what was the shits? Everybody wanna know." Angela asked and I just leaned back in my seat and intertwined my fingers.

"He said it right, shit was just crazy. He started actin'...not like August you know and... lemme put it like this. Where we were before we broke up was if it wasn't August's way it was non valid. I didn't feel it was right so I left." She nodded and Charlamagne opened his mouth to speak but Angela decided to pop another question.

"So baby Sky, how does she feel about not seeing her daddy everyday?" I was taken back a bit and my lip even twitched from the question but I answered it anyways.

"It ain't like she saw him everyday when we was together. August was eitha' on the road or out til 8am. So it ain't really a big transition to her. She's used to only seeing daddy on weekends and sometimes during the week"

"Damn August you done just pissed me off for the day, you gotta do better man. First you don't eat the pussy and now you don't spend time with your daughter! We can't be cool no more." We all laughed and I leaned up to the mic ready to say something but Charlamagne spoke before me. "Anyways enough of August, you been in a few music videos as of late but I was lurking."

"You was lurkin' in my bizz?" I chuckled and he noddded laughing a little.

"Yea Cause you my baby, had to see what you was up to"

"Aight Aight I got you then bae" I smiled at him and winked.

"Anyways! I saw that you were in T.I.'s video for private show, congrats because that was a amazing music video by the way. But a picture surfaced of you and Chris and hugged up and he had his face in your neck like he was marking you. What was going on there?"

"Nothing is going on with me and Chris. He's really like a big brother to me but if I woulda fucked him I woulda turnt him and August's world upside-down."

"Damn well I been wondering this for so long and I never had the chance to ask." Envy started and I nodded waiting on him to continue. "You and August are both 22 correct?"

"Yea you right" I nodded and sat up ready to answer this question quickly whatever it was.

"Y'all are so young and Skylar is three now. How was it.. well is it to being parents at such a young age?" My heart dropped and I fell back into the chair trying to think of a valid answer to this question.