Chapter 7

Johanna, August, Sean, Mahagonie, Hazel, and Sky in the MM

August

This mornin' ain't feel right at all cause my baby wasn't layin' next to me. By my baby I mean Sky. I decided to let her spend the night at Mo house because I wasn't lookin' forward to the tantrum she was gone throw if I showed up early. So after I put on my clothes I decided to go on over there and get her. I had my bodyguard Jeremih drive while I looked into some stuff for me and Sky's birthday party and also signed a few things on her school registration packet.

"August, we here man." Jeremih told me as we pulled up in front of Mo's garage. As soon as I got out the car I could hear Sky and her lil cousin running around in the house until I rung the doorbell and everything got quiet. Me and Mo got a real love/hate relationship. She thinks I'm a great father to Sky, that she loves me for but I done hurt her sister so many times and she hates my ass for that.

"What you want ostrich?" I heard Mo deep ass voice from the other side of the door. She ain't open the door, she just taunted me on the other side.

"Man open the door nigga." I chuckled then pressed down on the doorbell. I wasn't gone let it go until she opened the door either.

"Man stop ringing the doorbell with yo retarted ass, come on in here." She laughed, opening the door and pulling me in by my shirt.

"Damn She-Hulk you know I'm fragile." I smoothed my shirt down and invited myself into the front room with the kids.

"Da'y! I missed you." Sky ran up to me and by instinct I picked her up and sat her on my hip.

"I missed you too lil munchkin." I kissed her cheek, making her cringe.

"You talked to my sister?" Mo asked, sitting in the chair right behind me. I turned, looked at her and nodded with Sky in my arms trying to take my hat. "So what's goin on between y'all? Y'all together or-"

"We co-parenting, trying to be friends but you know how yo sister is."

"No, I know how you are. Ain't nothing wrong with my sister." Mo chuckled, basically saying I'm the reason why me and Haze ain't working out.

"So you sayin' yo sister ain't just a little bit crazy?" She shook her head and I took a seat, deciding to continue this conversation. "She gave ya boy a spending limit on our bank account."

"She also gave ya boy a place to stay, a daughter, money...should I continue?" Mo smirked and leaned forward towards me.

"I'm just sayin', she ain't gotta be watchin' over me and clockin' a nigga all the damn time." As soon as Sky heard that curse word, her hand clasped over my mouth and she gave me her shocked face.

"Da'y das a bad word." She scolded and of course I apologized.

"I'm sorry baybeh, daddy won't say it no more." She nodded in assurance and slid off my lap to go play with Eli again.

"I mean with the way she was tellin' me you was actin', I don't blame her for doing anything that she did. She gotta make sure she ain't out here lookin' stupid for you." All them Albreys give you the same look when you got them fucked up and Mahagonie's face was the worst of them all. Shit will have me runnin', thinkin' she gone kill a nigga.

"I don't want her to feel like she gotta do all that. I want her to trust me but-"

"But you done did so much shit to her that you got her paranoid to be happy. But you try to leave the hoes alone, they just keep coming. But you can't keep ya lil dicky in ya pants. It ain't no logical excuse to why you do this to her August, accept that." She was right but me being me, I didn't wanna give her that or tell her that. Aug don't like taking no L, anybody can tell you that. All I could do was make it go in one ear and out the other to make myself feel less guilty.