Chapter 10

Hazel

"May I take your bags?" Curt asked as Ralph escorted me into the W Hotel. I was forced by August to take Ralph and Curt with me so they could "supervise" me. It didn't surprise me at all because he's possessive and he feels the need to have his possessions under lock and key. What he doesn't realize is that sometimes Curt and Ralph work for me. Meaning they have to do what I say regardless of what he told them.

The flight only took an hour and when we landed in Atl it was 10 o'clock. During the whole plane ride, I couldn't help but wonder if Dreux would be waiting on me at the airport in the parking lot. A part of me hoped he would've hit me up and said 'Come on outside, I'm waitin' on you'. Another part of me just wanted to get this over with and go back home.

"We're going up to Room 660 with Apryl Jones." Curt told the clerk at the front desk and she nodded, clearly not caring about her job at the moment. Ralph pressed up on the buttons next to the elevator and it made a loud ding noise then the doors opened. Before I stepped in, Ralph pressed the button for the sixth floor and held the door open for Curt and I.

"Now," I started as the doors to the elevator closed, "I want you guys to go have fun tonight and don't worry about me. Be yourself, tonight you don't work for anyone. I don't need supervision, Imma be with my girl and I'll be fine."

"But August-" Curt was about to speak but Ralph hit him upside his head before he could finish.

"Nigga she said she good for the night and August don't sign yo paychecks so fuck what he say." Ralph told him through gritted teeth. After his mini lecture he straightened back up and waited for the elevator doors to open like he didn't say a word a few seconds so.

The ding noise sounded again and the doors opened. I stepped out first and went towards Apryl's room. It didn't surprise me to see her two bodyguards, Trent and Lamar, on both sides of her door.

"Apryl in there?" I asked Trent and he nodded then opened the door for me to enter. It opened slowly due to the thick carpet underneath it, the pattern wasn't clear since the room was pitch black. Before I went in, I grabbed my bags from Curt then hugged them both. "Go do something fun. Just don't get nobody pregnant."

"I'll watch him." Curt assured me referring to how wild Ralph can get. The wheels on my bags moved slowly against the carpet as I carefully entered, trying not to bump into anything. It took me a few seconds to find the light switch but when I did, the first thing that came into view was Apryl lying on the couch with her face towards the back of it. She must've got here a few minutes or an hour before me because she was still fully clothed in jeans and a tank top with a leather jacket covering her arms. Her shoes were on the coffee table in front of her along with her purse and shades. Her soft snores and deep breaths let me know that she was sleeping.

Without making a sound, I sat all of my things down next to the closet and took my shoes off as well. As soon as I sat on the arm of the couch and it squeaked in her ear, she squinted her eyes and wrinkled her nose.

"Beh friend," She turned on her back and I moved a strand of loose hair from her face, "wake up."

"Hey." She opened her eyes just enough to see me and smiled. I smiled back and got up from the couch. "When you got here?"

"Just a minute ago. When you get here?" I asked and grabbed her hand then pulled her up off the couch.

"Around 5, Omari and Dreux just left a few minutes ago. So I went to sleep." She picked up her stuff from the coffee table and passed me going towards the bedroom.

"I like how you included him like I was looking for him or some." I picked up my bags again and went in there with her.

"Hazel Pierre, you not gone deny my friend." She started stripping outta her jeans then put on some Nike shorts.