Chapter 13

Hazel

"Aug quit playin' and take my picture!" I stomped my foot on the ground, causing him to laugh more.

"Close ya damn mouf' then. This ain't one'a ya lil photoshoots ma. This shit goin' straight on the gram." He stopped laughing and finally snapped the picture. He's been on my damn nerves all day but I let it slide just because it was his special day. Skylar on the other hand was being the sweetest little angel she could be. She helped Lu-Ma, Sheila, and Cha cook instead of playing with the kids, and she didn't give me a hard time when I was curling her hair.

"Better be glad its yo birthday boy, or I swear I would've been knocked yo ass out." I jumped at him before I snatched my phone away from him then looked at the picture he took.

"You woun gone do nothin' cause you luh me." He sang annoyingly in my ear as he wrapped his arms around me putting his camera in my face. "Say happy birthday daddy."

"Nigga please." I laughed  and covered the front camera with my fingertip.

"See how she be playin' Snapchat." He finished recording and followed closely behind me back into the house where almost all of our close family were. Lu-Ma, Candace, Mahagonie, Sean, Chandra, Sheila, and Travis were all in the bar area having pre-party drinks while the kids were in the playroom enjoying themselves before all of the guests got here. As for me and August, we were making sure everything was in order and that the event staff that Ty hired would be on time.

"Haze, you goin a lil too fast in them heels mama." August said, doing a quick jog to catch up with me as I headed towards the backyard.

"I'm just doing a quick run through of everything. You know that everybody supposed to be here in an hour so the camera crew, the chefs, the caterers, and the security guards don't have much time to set up." As I finished speaking my phone rang and before I could answer it, August grabbed it out of my hand and stuffed it in his pocket.

"Calm down aight." He smiled showing his pearly whites on top and diamonds on the bottom.

"I'm trying but-"

"But nothin'.. Do I need to help you out or somethin'? Relieve some stress?" He chuckled and pulled me closer to him by my waist.

"No August, you're not even taking this seriously." I whined.

"I am I promise but damn Haze, it's my birthday. Pop it for a pimp for my present a'some." He smacked my ass hard then gripped it and licked his lips.

"Actually I did get you a real birthday present but as far as sex." I grabbed his ear and pulled it down towards my lips. "If one of your lil bitches show up and tries to embarrass me, you can forget about that shit. If not, it'll be waiting on you."

"Aight can I have that back?" He groaned then rubbed his ear after I let it go.

"Don't fucking play with me August." I chuckled sternly.

"Yes ma'am, but you honestly didn't have to get me nothin'." He told me.

"I know but I wanted to so come upstairs." I grabbed his hand and pulled him down the hallway then upstairs. We went into our bedroom then into our closet room in the very back. "Close your eyes."

"They closed." He said with his eyes closed tightly.

"Alright, now you better cherish every single one of these gifts." I said as I pushed one big white box out of its hiding spot along with smaller white boxes on top. "I spent exactly $318,910 on your gifts."

"What I tell you bout-"

"Yea yea yea, don't spend money on you." I positioned the boxes right at his feet then stood to my full height and wrapped my arms around August's neck. "But I'm a grown woman and I can do whatever I want."