Chapter 19

August

Ever since me and Haze got into that fight after my birthday, I haven't seen her or my daughter. The last time I talked to Skylar was the night of Hazel's second show, and the last thing I heard in the background was someone vomiting. That had me on edge for days because I knew I nutted in her that night before we got into that fight. The crazy part is that I had been praying that she wasn't pregnant. The last things we said to each other were hurtful nonetheless but the question was did she mean what she said. I know damn well I didn't mean a word I said, and for me to lose my shit over material possessions showed exactly what kind of man I am. Only a coward would act out that way. I couldn't possibly love her if I could treat her that way. Alcohol, weed, sex, and even partying couldn't cure the fucked up feeling in my chest. I couldn't sleep for weeks, all I saw when I closed my eyes were tears coming from Haze's. Trav and my mama been trying to get me to at least spend some time with family but I don't want to spend time with family until mine is together.

For the first time since I've been up, I rolled over and picked up my phone to check the time. I honestly wasn't aware if it was day or night since my room was pitch black dark. 1:39pm.

"Shit." I groaned, stretching my arms and legs across the bed. Picking up my phone again, I sat against some pillows and my headboard. Scrolling through my long list of notifications on my personal phone was usually a breeze, but today it seems like everyone needed my attention. Unfortunately, it wasn't who I wanted to have my attention. I redialed the number that had been calling me off the hook and got connection in one ring.

"Nigga where the fuck you been?" Poppy answered, making me grin slightly.

"Chillin bruh."

"While you chillin my nigga, some motha' fucka' outchea with yo girl and baybeh girl." His voice blasted through the speaker of my phone.

"Woah woah woah, slow down. My baybeh girl? Skylar?" I asked as I climbed out of bed to turn on the ceiling light and grab my laptop from the dresser.

"Skylar Lizette Alsina and Hazel Pierre Albrey my nigga. After shows he always backstage with them. Curt and Ralph be escorting them all around like they a big family and everything. She supposed to be signing a contract with Mona Scott in a month and Skylar go to school with his son. You ain't here this from me though young." I nodded and hung up the phone to do some investigating for myself. I'm definitely not one to believe he said she said bullshit, but one thing about Poppy is he ain't gone just tell a nigga some if it ain't facts.

"Siri, search Hazel Albrey latest news." I spoke into my phone mic instead of grabbing my laptop.

"Here's what I found." My phone responded, pulling up numberous blogs that only confirmed what Poppy was saying. The latest url led me to her Instagram page and a photo with information for her album release party in L.A. at The Rooftop at 4:00pm. I have 2½ hours to get ready.

Hazel

"Give me five minutes please!" I yelled at whomever was behind the bathroom door knocking.

"Mommy loves you okay." I said before blowing a kiss through the phone. "And I'll be back before you know it baby, just be good for Auntie Amber and be nice to Bash alright."

"Yes ma'am, I luh' you too mommy." She responded then hung up the phone. The moments I do get to spend with Skylar are rare now that my songs are getting attention and accolades. I'm busy almost every hour of every day and although people don't mind looking after Skylar while I handle business, I feel bad as a mother. So for someone to rush the little time I do have to tell my daughter that I love her, is beyond crossing the line.