Chapter 9

Hazel

Since I haven't gotten much sleep in the past three days that we've been here, I decided to work on writing my single. I wanted it to come directly from my heart but I also wanted it to be relatable to others. So I've been up since 4am in August's private studio downstairs writing, smoking from a hookah machine, and going over numerous things in my mind. I didn't know if August and Sky had gotten up, but they'll have breakfast waiting for them in the microwave when they did wake up because I also cooked out of boredom. Sky's really enjoying all of us being in the same house together and to be honest I am too. Like I've said time and time again I miss my family, but the best thing for me to do is not dwell on the feeling for too long and look for someone who'll love me unconditionally.

Escaping from my thoughts, I looked down at the words on my tablet and waited for ideas to spring from my mind. The beat that I picked from August's files continued to play throughout the soundproof walls. After looking through his computer for almost an hour for instrumentals, I found one that was perfect for me, that I knew for a fact he wouldn't use.

"This what happen when I think 'bout you." I sang and released a cloud of smoke from my mouth as I thought of what would go next. "I get in my feelings yea, I start reminiscing yea."

I bobbed my head to the music that continued to play as I took another pull from the hookah pipe. Just as I thought of another verse, my phone started ring and I picked it up without even checking the caller ID.

"Hello" I answered, sticking the pipe in-between my thighs.

"Bitch!" I took the phone away from my ear, looked at it, and saw Apryl's picture.

"Oh my gosh! Bitch, what's up?!" I cheered.

"Nothing girl, I just been at the house with Megs...mothering." She chuckled. "What about you? What you been up to?"

"I'm tryin' to get right with the baby's father. That's where I am now." I told her and she muffled a laugh.

"Well I heard about you, but imma keep that to myself until you give me the tea." I rolled my eyes and took another pull from the hookah pipe.

"We just met at the practice with the girls Apryl, it ain't even that serious."

"It's something serious to him, Dreux can't stop talking about yo ass." I released clouds of O's and pulled from the pipe again as I listened to her. "You need to let the man take you out or something."

"I need to go to somebody club, that's what I need to do." I said in a smart tone.

"Well he hosting a party in Atlanta tomorrow, you can come with me." She said hopefully because she knows how August is about me going out with her. He'll just have to be okay this time.

"Tomorrow?" I groaned, turning off the background music.

"Yes tomorrow bitch, I expect you to meet me in Atlanta at my hotel room by 9am." She said half seriously.

"You talkin' bout a damn party tomorrow, you done let a bitch take her weave out and everything." I whined as I ran my fingers through my hair. Nothing's wrong with my hair, it's just hard to tame.

"I'll have some bundles waiting on you at the room, no excuses." She's really making sure I come to this damn party. I turned off the hookah machine, left the studio and closed the door behind me.

"Um who you gettin' em from?" I asked as I crept up the stairs, still not knowing if Sky and August were up.

"My plug honey, I wouldn't give you nothing I don't use. That's fake." She said and I nodded in agreement as if she could see me.