Prologue

"So you just don't care no more August?!" Hazel cries following August around the house as he begins packing his things. August gives no response and it only makes the situation worst. "August!" Hazel screams behind him again, he just turns around and brushes past her. Before he can go any farther than her arm reach, she grabs his shirt and pushes him against the wall. Once he finally looks at her face he sees the hurt in her eyes but he tries his best to remember who he is.

"Hazel let me go" He says in a deep tone but you can still hear the sadness mixed with anger in his voice.

"August why you doin' this? Who is you turnin' into?" She tries to touch his face but he grabs her hand removing it.

"I'm the same Aug I been for almost 23 years. The question is who the fuck you turnin' into? All outchea showin' that you clearly from the ghetto." Those words freeze her where she is and he just walks away.

"I'm the same Hazel Albrey that was before you on the role in second grade. The same Hazel that was yo best friend in the 8th grade. The same Hazel that made you sing fa' me because you never sung fa' nobody else. The same Hazel that gave you ha' work so you wouldn't fail. The same Hazel that helped you finally graduate. The same Hazel that let you stay at ha' daddy's house even though he ain't like you. The same Hazel that Mel told you you should marry because I was the only bitch that was down fa' you."

"Haze stop befo' you say some youn' mean."

"So you just gone say fuck what he said to you, huh? August I'm the only girl that never hurt you and he knew that!" August comes to a halt in the hallway once she finishes, he turns his head slightly just enough to see her out of the corner of his eye.

"Don't put my fuckin brotha in the midddle of all this."

"I'm not I'm just tellin' you that he ain't want this for-"

"Hazel shut the fuck up! Right fuckin now!" He turns all the way around and proceeds walking towards her and in a small amount of time he had her backed up in a corner with his chest against hers. "I do all I can ta' make sho' you and my daughta' got everythang y'all need. Now fa' you to say I'm disrespecting Mel, that's like me talkin' bout yo situation with Amber and Jay. Rememba' what they wanted before you come at me bout what Mel wanted. Cause Jay sholl ain't want you wit me." Hazel stares into his glossy eyes causing more tears to fall from hers. She reaches out to touch his hand and he doesn't flinch or pull away, this time he just puts his forehead against hers.

"August-" He turns around and releases her hand trying not to hear what else she was gonna say. "August stop! Talk to me... Baby I... Ion wanna lose you."

"Haze it's time fo'a break aight. We need some time to think away from each otha'" That was the last thing she heard from August before he left her.