Chapter 4

Clarification: Everyone is in New Orleans right now because Hazel had to choreograph the girls and Chris had to stay there basically to pay for the expenses for all of the girls that are gonna be performing with him. The only people that LIVE in New Orleans are Lu-Ma, Chandra, Miss Sheila, and Hazel's older sister. August just has a house there for when he visiting his folks.

August

"Hazel you ain't leavin' out dis house wearin' dat." I told her sternly when she walked outta her room wearin' this white tight sleeveless crop top with a matchin' pencil skirt that stopped right below her knees. She ain't have on a bra with the top so her nipples were showin' and her skirt was huggin' her ass too tight for my likin'. I mean she looked sexy as hell in it but ion want nobody else seein' her like that, especially where we were goin'.

"And who gone stop me?" She asked grabbin' her matchin' white clutch from her dresser and walkin' right past me out of her room. I followed behind her shakin' my head cause I can't tell her what to do no more and cause I might catch a case tonite cause of the way that ass is movin' in that skirt.

"Exactly, nobody" She said as she looked at me out the corner of her eye battin' her eyelashes. She looks so sexy when she do that. I stepped around her to open the front door, where my white Lamborghini was waiting outside.

"Baybeh don't act like I won't whip it out in tha' Lambo cause you know I will." I said smackin' her ass and givin' it a little squeeze as she walked out the door.

"August, keep your hands to yourself. Can you do that for me?" She asked and I kissed my teeth cause that's hard for me and she know it.

"Why you be doin me like that?" I opened the passenger door and she stepped in.

"Cause I don't know where yo hands been August, probably up some other bitch's dress." Before I started the engine I turned and looked at her for a minute, bitin' my bottom lip and pullin' my chin hair.

"What I told you about them hoes?" She ain't say nothin' back so I crunk up the car and pulled off knowin' that she got what I was sayin'. As we cruised down the highway I felt Haze's eyes on me every few minutes and everytime I snuck a peek back at her she was either singin' along to the music playin' on the radio or starin' outta the window. It was kinda awkward because we haven't been on a date in so long and this was like a first date to us.

"Oh my...August I fuckin' hate you. I...turn this up right now!" Haze squealed hittin' my arm and coverin' her mouth in shock.

"Why you hate me tho'?" I laughed grabbin' her hand and kissin' it then layin' it back on her lap. When I turned the radio up, Lyfe Jennings was playin' on the radio and it was the song that we considered to be our song.

"Must be nice having someone who understands the life you live. Must be nice having someone who's slow to take and quick to give. Must be nice having someone who sticks around when the rough times get thick, someone who's smile is bright enough to make the projects feel like a mansion. Must be nice having someone who loves you despite your faults. Must be nice having someone who talks the talk but also walks the walk. Must be nice having someone who understands that a thug has feelings too, someone who loves you for sho' you just remember to never let 'em go." I belted the lyrics out to her and she would give me that cute smile then cover her face until I moved her hands to see her blushin'.

"Even when your hustlin' days are gone, she'll be by your side still holdin' on. Even when those 20's stop spinnin' and all those gold-diggin' women disappear, she'll still be here." She sang back to me and it took everything in me not to pull this damn car over and put it down on her from the way she just caressed my face.