Prologue: New Found Prophecy (Series Pt. I)

Snap!

The black hooded figure stepped into the night, surrounding itself with the darkness as nature itself played like a camouflage. It advanced toward the house like a lion to its prey: slowly and carefully.

Harry stumbled on his own two clumsy feet, his lips shutting into a thin line as he followed close behind it, his light blue pajamas sticking out from where he watched behind a tree. 

The full moon was shining brightly in the sky, not a single grey cloud to be seen as it casted silver shadows against the windows and illuminated the interiors of the house at sight. Harry stared around at the all too familiar cottages that stood on either side of the narrow road; all the lights were off and there was no sign of people outside - who were, Harry didn't doubt, asleep.

He turned his attention back to the hooded figure who had now reached the door, and watched with ragged breaths as the bony, pale fingers cast a spell on the knob - the large wooden door opening on its command

He turned his attention back to the hooded figure who had now reached the door, and watched with ragged breaths as the bony, pale fingers cast a spell on the knob - the large wooden door opening on its command. Harry had lived this moment through his past nightmares too many times to not know what waited him inside - this was the night both his parents were murdered, the night that haunted his life and left him with a scar and terrible memories.

All the nightmares had ceased the moment he had defeated Lord Voldemort just four months ago, it was all over; the Dark Lord had been defeated - as the prophecy had predicted.  

So why was he back to this nightmare?

Harry's bare feet guided him inside the small cottage, darkness and silence welcoming him as he stepped inside, studying the small living room before hesitantly walking toward the stairs; he knew what sight was about to meet his eyes and he tried to force himself to wake up, countless times - but in vain.

His father, James Potter, laid lifeless and cold on the stairs, the features that resembled his own staring back at him, though his eyes were empty and lifeless. Harry gulped down a sob, kneeling down and using his fingers to close his father's eyes.