2: Porcelain

*Victoria's POV*

The guy with the blue hair put his hand out and I looked at it. I looked up at him and then looked at his hand again. I cautiously placed my hand in his, mine was much smaller.

Though I am 9 years old, I'm very small. I'm only about 4'5 and I'm quite skinny. But that's because we can't really afford that much food.

He started walking towards the front desk and I trailed along with him. It felt good to hold someone's hand. I've never done it before, I've never had anyone love me that much.

As we were walking, I started thinking. I felt something weird about this guy. I felt like he was the one. That he wasn't going to bring me back. Again.

As we walked I looked up at him. He didn't notice me looking, so I continued to examine his facial features. He looks so familiar.

We arrived at the front desk and Mrs. Kaitlin smiled at us. I saw the other guys behind us in my peripheral vision, then looked back at Kaitlin.

"Have you made up your mind?" She smiled.

He looked at me and smiled, I smiled back. He looked back at Kaitlin and said "Yep,"

Mrs. Kaitlin brought us into a different room with chairs and a desk. We walked in and she closed the door behind us and it sounded like she locked it.

The guys sat in the chairs. Unfortunately, there were only four. I just stood awkwardly, until mine and the blue haired man's eyes met and he patted his leg.

I smiled and walked quickly over to him, sitting on his lap. He rested his arms on the arm rests, but stroked my arm with his left hand, since I was leaning into his left side.

Mrs. Kaitlin walked around the desk and sat in a big spinny chair. She opened a drawer and pulled out a file that said my name on it. I don't have a last name anymore, but my file said my old last name. "Victoria Drew."

"Here are the papers... Erm... Who's the..." Mrs. Kaitlin looked at all of the guys.

"Me," blue man announced.

The man signed the papers, and I watched him sign his name where it said "Legal Guardian" He signed his name "Joshua Ramsay".

Now that I knew his name, he sounded even more familiar. The other guys stood up one by one and started signing the papers too. I guess they'll be my uncles or something.

I started feeling tired and leaned into Josh's chest, since he was slumped down in the chair already. I guess he saw my eyes close because he draped his arm over my body. I smiled and fell into a deep sleep.
.
.
.
"Is she awake yet?" I heard someone say rather loudly and crinkled my face.

"Shhhh!" I heard someone else say, who sounded much closer.

"Sorry," someone whispered.

I wasn't sitting up, I was lying in someone's arms. But I just didn't know who. My eyes fluttered open and my eyes met with bright blue ones. The same blue ones from the orphanage. Josh.

"Hey Porcelain," Josh said, smiling down at me.

I smiled at yawned, rubbing my eyes. "Hi,"

Then I realized something. He called me Porcelain. Porcelain?

"Josh?" I got his attention.

"Yep," he said.

"Why'd you call me Porcelain?"

"Oh, because well..." I saw him look up and meet eyes with someone. "Victoria do you know who we are?"

I turned my head and looked around and saw the other guys who were with Josh when he adopted me. I turned my head and looked back at Josh. I shook my head no.

Josh sucked in a breath and looked at the other guys again. Then he looked back at me and smiled quickly. "Erm.. Well you see..." He started. "Shit how do I word this.." He whispered to himself. I chuckled.

"We're in a band." Someone else said. It was Mohawk guy.

"Really? Cool! What's it called?" I asked, getting a little bit too excited.

Josh laughed. "Marianas Trench. We're mostly popular in Canada."

"Oh I've heard of you guys! You're from like Ontario or somethin' right?" I asked.

Josh chuckled. "Vancouver,"

"That's what I said." I looked from side to side quickly, making everyone laugh.

"Porcelain is one of our songs, I'll sing it for you later?" Josh questioned.

I nodded violently. "That'd be amazing."

"By the way, can I get up now?" I laughed.

"Noooooo.." Josh whined like a 3 year old.

"Joshyyyyy.." I mocked him.

"Noooooo.." He held onto me tighter.

"Ugh," I groaned, giving up. I laid still in his arms.

His arms were quite masculine really. I lifted one of my hands from my chest and started tracing little drawings on his arm.

He looked down on me. "What'r you doing?" He chuckled.

"Drawing." I giggled.

"You're a strange one Porcelain," he rolled his eyes and looked back out the window.