29: Grad pt.3; Never Grow Up

*Victoria's POV*

"Okay boys and girls," the lady said through the microphone on stage. "We're going to have our first dance, this is the couples dance."

I forced a smile to the people who were holding hands and dancing now. I just sat down by Josh and watched them.

A few seconds passed before I saw Jake coming towards us. I felt my heart beat again.

"Victoria," he said, putting out his hand. "May I have this dance?"

My hands flew to my mouth as I gasped. I looked at his hand, then him, then Josh, then his hand, then Josh again. Josh nodded and smiled.

I stood up cautiously and placed my hand in his, he started pulling me towards the dance floor.

The song All about us by He Is We came on and I smiled. I loved this song so much. Jake placed his hands on my waist and I placed my arms around his neck.

I stared into his eyes for a few seconds, and we smiled at each other as we danced. He was wearing a beautiful black tux with a grey button up shirt underneath it and a darker grey tie.

Jake had blonde hair which was a quiff, and a lip piercing.

I laid my head on his chest, since he was a bit taller than me, and closed my eyes. This was becoming the best night ever.

The song ended and I looked up at Jake. He smiled and pulled me towards him. Then, he kissed me.
.
.
.
"Now," the lady on stage said into the microphone. "It's time for the father daughter dance."

I looked at Josh and smiled, he did the same and stood up from his chair. He put out his hand and I placed mine in it.

We walked out to the dance floor and I saw Brittany with one of her dads. Yes, she has two dads, she told me a while ago. She started dancing with Harry.

The song that started playing was Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift.

I'm really short, and Josh is really really tall, so I couldn't quite see how this was going to work.

I looked at Josh and he smiled, picking me up and putting me on his arm. We started dancing to the song.

Every time the song said 'don't you ever grow up', Josh would mouth the words to me, and every time I would laugh.

"I'm serious," he said.

I nodded. "I know,"

"Don't grow up, it's a trap." He said, making me chuckle.

There was a moment of silence before he spoke up again. "I love you, you know that right?"

I nodded. "Of course I know that, I love you too.."

He nodded. "You're so beautiful..."

I chuckled and blushed. "Thank you.."

"We look ridiculous," I laughed after a moment.

"I don't care," Josh smiled.

"Me either,"
.
.
.
It was now about 10 minutes after the father daughter dance and the guys and their moms were now dancing. Josh, Matt, Mike, Ian and I were all just sitting at our table.

The music stopped and the lady walked out on stage again.

"Now, we would like to welcome any students who would like to perform for us." She said. "Singing, instruments.."

I looked around the room to see if any students were going to go up, when my eyes landed on Josh. He smiled at me.

"What?" I chuckled.

"Go up there," he nodded toward the stage.

"No no no no no, not me." I said quickly.

"Come on, play piano!" He persuaded me.

"Josh you know I have stage fright.." I said.

"You're a Ramsay. We are born to perform." He said, pointing a finger at me.

I smiled and nodded hesitantly. He smiled and patted my shoulder.

I stood up and walked over to the stage. "I'll play piano," I said, raising my hand.

The lady smiled and nodded. "Great!"

I walked onto the stage and looked out at all of the people who were now looking right at me. I looked at Josh and he gave me a thumbs up, I gulped and breathed deeply.

A piano was pushed out onto the stage along with a stool. I sat down and looked at the keys.

'Okay Victoria. This is it. You're first time performing in front of anyone. You can do it. You can do it.' I thought to myself.

I started playing Jennifer's Song by Hagood Hardy.

I learned how to play this song a few days ago, which was risky. I could mess up easily, but I was taking a chance.

I loved this song. It always brought a smile to my face. At this point, I didn't care about my stage fright. I pretended I was at home in the living room, playing my piano by myself.

I ended the song, and opened my eyes, looking out over the crowd. Everyone was clapping and cheering, some were whistling.

I smiled and stood up, bowing. I looked at Josh and the boys and they all had tears in their eyes.