43: The Perfect Song

*Victoria's POV*

My head whips around and I see Josh standing behind me. I roll my eyes and look back at the ocean again, ignoring him. I hear him sigh and he sits down next to me, letting his legs hang over the side of the dock as well.

"How'd you find me?" I asked, stifling a laugh but not making eye contact.

I saw him lift up his phone in my peripheral vision and looked at him.

"I tracked your phone." He smirked.

"Of course you did," I looked back at the ocean again.

A few seconds of silence passed before Josh broke the silence again.

"I'm so sorry," he said, still staring at the ocean.

I was going to reply but didn't really know how, so I just sighed and looked at my feet.

"Victoria I didn't mean any of that. I was drunk, I wasn't me, I love you. You know that. You're my everything." He explained, finally looking at me. I turned my head.

"Josh it hurt," I said, tears welling up in my eyes. "You sounded like my old guardians..." I whispered the last part.

"What?" He asked, making me look at him again.

I sighed. "There's something I haven't told you..." I paused and closed my eyes. "I was abused."

I opened my eyes and looked up at him, seeing his mouth wide open and his eyes wide. I could see tears in his eyes as well.

"Victoria, why didn't you tell me?" He choked out.

By that time, I broke. I let out a sob and tears rolled down my cheeks as Josh pulled me into his side. He kissed the top of my head and I sobbed again.

"I was s-scared," I stuttered.

"Oh Victoria," Josh rested his chin on my head. We stayed like that for another 5 minutes before Josh spoke up again.

"We're getting back on the bus tonight," he changed the subject.

"Yay," I said blankly, still cuddled into him.

He chuckled at my boringness and I laughed too.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"It's okay," I forgave him.

There was a moment of silence. "I love you," I said, digging my face deeper into his side.

"I love you more," he said, kissing my head and then resting his chin on it.
.
.
.
*Josh's POV*

Victoria ended up falling asleep in my arms, so I had to carry her back to the hotel. I didn't mind though, she always says that she's way too old for that.

I picked her up and she wrapped her arms around my neck and her legs around my torso. I chuckled and rolled my eyes, knowing she was probably half awake now but just didn't want to walk.

Once I reached the hotel, I went to the elevator and walked to the room. I knocked on the door with my foot and soon Matt answered.

He chuckled when he saw Victoria asleep. "Did she fall asleep?" He chuckled, letting me inside.

"Yeah," I said quietly. I laid her down on the couch and she curled into the corner, her feet resting on Mike's legs.

"Where was she?" Ian asked.

"By the ocean on the dock," I replied, leaning against the wall.
.
.
.
I looked at the clock on the side table. 11:47pm.

I was still with Victoria, except now I was lying on the couch and she was on my chest. These were the best moments, the times where she wasn't worried about being seen and made fun of. The times when we were alone.

She was asleep, but I just stared at the ceiling while I stroked her hair with one of my hands. Her smaller arms were wrapped around my chest and one of my arms were draped across her back.

I started thinking about the new album. We started writing it about four months ago, and all we need is one more song. All of the songs on the album were mostly about Victoria, but nobody knew that, only me and the other guys.

The songs could've passed as a love song too, which is what we went for so our fans won't know that they're really about Victoria.

But, I want Victoria to have her own special song. Suddenly, a melody came to my head and my eyes widened. Lyrics started pouring into my head and I couldn't stop them. I slowly picked Victoria up and laid her on the couch again, wrapping her up in a blanket.

I picked the notepad and pen up off the coffee table and started writing the lyrics down. And after a few hours, I finally had the perfect song. Not for the fans, not a love song. A song for Victoria. And Victoria only.